Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After some information on Lowering my 94 VR Wagon.

Raremetal

Best of both worlds.
Reaction score
Website
raremetal.deviantart.com
Members Ride
Series 2 94 VR Wagon
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot on springs etc and what to do and what not to do when it comes to lowering a ride. People have said you don't need new shocks when lowering, some say you do. I don't want it lowered all around, I just want the rear lowered because it comes factory pre-loaded higher so the car sits on a "Nose-first angle" to the ground.

(because wagons are ment to carry a big load to make it even out, but we hardly use it)

I currently have VE SS 19's custom to fit my VR and the front is fine, I'm happy with the ride height there, but around here I can't have it super low because the roads around NSW ****ing suck. So I was wondering IF I where to buy King Springs (Low or SuperLows) for JUST the rear would that be OK with out buying shocks etc?

And factory the 94 VR's come with shocks to suit 15'' tyres. Also, would it be worth buying new shocks all around to suit the 19'' rims I have and just getting some SuperLows for the rear?

Cheers.
Rare.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Good first post,

Im unsure if you would want to go to superlows in the rear as then you will have the opposite, front up arse down effect, maybe lows will do. If thats the case the rear shockers should be alright and as for the larger wheels and needing to replace the struts/shockers it might help a little but the truth is you have very little tyre on the road which will cause it to be rough as does lowering.

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot on springs etc and what to do and what not to do when it comes to lowering a ride. People have said you don't need new shocks when lowering, some say you do. I don't want it lowered all around, I just want the rear lowered because it comes factory pre-loaded higher so the car sits on a "Nose-first angle" to the ground.

(because wagons are ment to carry a big load to make it even out, but we hardly use it)

I currently have VE SS 19's custom to fit my VR and the front is fine, I'm happy with the ride height there, but around here I can't have it super low because the roads around NSW ****ing suck. So I was wondering IF I where to buy King Springs (Low or SuperLows) for JUST the rear would that be OK with out buying shocks etc?

And factory the 94 VR's come with shocks to suit 15'' tyres. Also, would it be worth buying new shocks all around to suit the 19'' rims I have and just getting some SuperLows for the rear?

Cheers.
Rare.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
the easiest way to do it would be sedan springs that way theres no rake either way. u can up to 20inch wheels on vs with ease so 19's wont be an issue. getting lowered shocks wont make much of a differance to low or super low springs anything lower and i would urge u to get them but in this instance save it for beer hope this helps cheers dave

Raremetal

Best of both worlds.
Reaction score
Website
raremetal.deviantart.com
Members Ride
Series 2 94 VR Wagon
the easiest way to do it would be sedan springs that way theres no rake either way. u can up to 20inch wheels on vs with ease so 19's wont be an issue. getting lowered shocks wont make much of a differance to low or super low springs anything lower and i would urge u to get them but in this instance save it for beer hope this helps cheers dave

Thanks lowvpcal,

I got a quote off a mate in Bathurst and he said King Springs are just standard ride height in commodores. Id want SuperLows to make it sit lower. And for new shocks all around to suit the 19s I'm looking at $450-$500 for Monroes. So for about $600 I could lower it properly and put some better shocks on it.

Thanks for your help guys. I will upload more pics of my Commy later on.

Cheers.
Rare.

Raremetal

Best of both worlds.
Reaction score
Website
raremetal.deviantart.com
Members Ride
Series 2 94 VR Wagon