Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket CentralLocking + Factory Immobilizer

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
How you going guys.

Uncles just asked me to install a new Central locking kit into his VP Commodore. His current (factory i believe) one, the motors are starting to die, and are having trouble lifting the locks. Sometimes some of them don't work.

So, I went out and bought an aftermarket Warlock Keyless Central Locking System from JB HiFi (RRP$149.00) for $99. So now i've waited for him to bring his car around, and now he has mentioned to me he has an immobilizer! (Only went ahead and bought the keyless central locking because he only wanted to spend the $100-$150 on it)

Is it possible to hook up an aftermarket Central Locking kit to a Factory Immobilizer?

Only thing i found that was relevant in the wiring diagram is a "pink wire" labeled "Starter killer" that

'When remote is locked, pink wire is continuously negative. When remote is unlocked, pink wire is OFF. If TX is lost, ignition on-off, on-off, on-off (3 times), pink wire is off.'

Ideas? Ive never installed an immobilizer before and wouldnt know where to start....

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
could you myabe just use the central locking motors from the new kit and replace the old motors .

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I thought of that, but he is complaining that his remotes dont work sometimes, so he needs some new ones...