Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Exhaust V6

serroots

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore VXR and VF Motorsport Edition
Hi guys,
New here . Love all the anti-ZB sentiment on here, makes me even happier to own what is a fantastically underrated car :) Each to their own! To those haters, I also own a VF2 Motorsport, so no need to carry on about RWD and V8. I love Euro cars, and the VXR is a great daily without the price tag that the Euros attract.

Anyone fitted a different exhaust or modified the exhaust on their V6 models? I have a VXR and would love to make it louder, can't find much online for it as I had imagined.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Welcome to the forum mate
Yes the ZB Eurotrash threads certainly trigger some overly sensitive p#ssies emotions, but they're also a great source of entertainment at the same time, that's if you can see the funny side of them and actually have a sense of humour

And just because you said "I also own a VF2 Motorsport, so no need to carry on about RWD and V8"
.......Don't feel bad about the front wheel drive Eurotrash in the driveway........
You also own a real Aussie Built rear wheel drive V8 Commodore that you can drive when you feel the need to Man Up a bit ;)

As for your V6 exhaust, a pretty common opinion about V6 exhaust systems on here is.......................
V6 Exhaust.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not sorry...........Just wanted to be the first one in this time to sh#tcan the ZB

# On a side note #
Good luck with getting your exhaust sorted out the way you want it
And watch all the triggered ZB owners & lovers chime in now and tell me how great it is, or just give me a plain old spray :cool:

Last edited:

serroots

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for that. Plenty of droney SV6s around, but some great sounding V6s out there as well, and the ZB has quite a nice growl, it's just too quiet for us car lovers!

Reactions: iZ_

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I’d be wary of paying too much to make it noisier. Can’t really fit headers as the ports merge inside the cylinder head. Maybe a higher flow or metallic cat? But cheapest would probably just be to start removing the mufflers one by one. You could probably pay an exhaust place $100 to remove each muffler and weld a pipe in its place / just keep the muffler in case you want to put it back... or if you wanted to get really technical have a look under a car with a similar size V6 that actually sounds good and try to copy that system, eg. Pipe lengths, diameters, muffler types and sizes.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
I'm not much a fan of the noisy V6 exhaust but this engine does have a nice note. If you search Google for Camaro V6 there are a few videos of them with different exhausts. Although it would cost a fortune Magnaflow are making a cat back system for the Buick Regal sportback.

serroots

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’d be wary of paying too much to make it noisier. Can’t really fit headers as the ports merge inside the cylinder head. Maybe a higher flow or metallic cat? But cheapest would probably just be to start removing the mufflers one by one. You could probably pay an exhaust place $100 to remove each muffler and weld a pipe in its place / just keep the muffler in case you want to put it back... or if you wanted to get really technical have a look under a car with a similar size V6 that actually sounds good and try to copy that system, eg. Pipe lengths, diameters, muffler types and sizes.

Thanks for that, good suggestions! Wouldn't mind trying the muffler delete, but I think would probably er on the side of too droney, you get what you pay for. Perhaps a resonator delete might be alright.

Good suggestions with copying a good V6 system, will keep an eye out!

serroots

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not much a fan of the noisy V6 exhaust but this engine does have a nice note. If you search Google for Camaro V6 there are a few videos of them with different exhausts. Although it would cost a fortune Magnaflow are making a cat back system for the Buick Regal sportback.
Great idea! I'll have a search and see what I can find. I forget the Camaro V6 even exists, would be nuts to get one over the V8

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i found in the spare wheel of my rs a bose subwoofer that makes engine noise so i figure i will just smash an amp and a 12 inch sub on that and my "exhaust upgrade" is done LOL

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Thanks for that, good suggestions! Wouldn't mind trying the muffler delete, but I think would probably er on the side of too droney, you get what you pay for. Perhaps a resonator delete might be alright.

Good suggestions with copying a good V6 system, will keep an eye out!
Hi how have you gone with the exhaust system on you VXR , I am thinking of the same but haven't come up with anything as yet , would be interested in progress.

Jxck

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
Hi how have you gone with the exhaust system on you VXR , I am thinking of the same but haven't come up with anything as yet , would be interested in progress.
Same, thinking about just straight piping the damn thing tbh