Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Guages vy ss

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
hey guys i am lookin at putting maybe a voltmeter guage and a oil pressure guage on my 04 ss. the clubbies have them set up on the top middle of the dash. is it hard to put on a ss? has anyone done it? feedback would be awesome guys.. Cheers.

was gonna buy one of the double holders on ebay so it looks a bit more properly done.

DazzaVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Executive
Yea im in the process of doing it now in my VY Exec, I dont like the holders off ebay as they have the screw holes which you can see so i bought the genuine HSV holder from CAPA for $200 - $100 more than the SS Inductions/ebay ones but in my opinion better... Should get that next week hopefully maybe the one after because of Xmas... Also thinking about the Oil Pressure gauge but unsure of another gauge to get, I will buy them from Autobarn as they seem to have the better looking ones and they will install all of it for around $200mark!

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
oh awesome thanks for lettin me know that. i had a bit of a feeling the ebay ones might be a tad dodgey. ill try get my hands on the genuine hsv one. will be well worth it if it suits cause they look awesome in the hsv's. what size guages are they?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Yea im in the process of doing it now in my VY Exec, I dont like the holders off ebay as they have the screw holes which you can see so i bought the genuine HSV holder from CAPA for $200 - $100 more than the SS Inductions/ebay ones but in my opinion better... Should get that next week hopefully maybe the one after because of Xmas... Also thinking about the Oil Pressure gauge but unsure of another gauge to get, I will buy them from Autobarn as they seem to have the better looking ones and they will install all of it for around $200mark!

Year the ebay ones arn't nice with the screw holes.
Not sure if your aware, but the HSV/SSZ/Monaro guarge holder suits climate control models only. Not the 3 dial style.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Why is that?
The top of the dash looks the same.

By three dial, do you mean the onboard computer thingo?
In which case, i have the single window computer but no climate control.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
u sure adamc11, i thought they just clip into where the top dash trim is once you pop it out, as far as i'm aware its only the wirring thats an issue as same top dash trim in both, if its the duel climate it has the conectors/wirring there for the factory gauges, if not you've got to do the wirring from what i understand, yeh you can get ss factory gauges too, iv seen them before, can't remember if it was in a pic on this forum or not.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I'm 100% sure that the area for the gauge holder in climate control models (i.e. berlina, calais, monaro) is slightly different than those with the 3 dials (i.e. exec, my ss). As you will notice, the climate control models have the coloured trim that runs over the top of the climate control section, whereas the 3 dials do not. The climate control model therefore has a smaller top section. The gauge holder will be too small for non-climate control cars.

For example, here is a monaro (note the black trim on the top of climate control:
2004-Holden-VZ-Monaro-Interior-1280x960.jpg

And here is an SS (no trim at the top):
2324775.jpg

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
Not all have the extra trim. Berlinas have climate control but don't have it. By the look of the pics, the extra trim would just sit over the top. I couldn't see them making it different for these models...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Not all have the extra trim. Berlinas have climate control but don't have it. By the look of the pics, the extra trim would just sit over the top. I couldn't see them making it different for these models...

Every set of genuine gauges i have seen for sale say "suit climate control models only"

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh ok, looks like a vz dash in the monaro not a vy dash, i thought they'd be ok, check with holden you must be able to get one for the non climate control dash