Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Guard Owners

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Hey Fella’s,

I have recently just purchased some 20inch wheels for my VT commodore. The wheels are 8.5inch wide, Have an offset of 35( I think it is 35), And have 225 35 tyres on them.

At first I had some major rubbing on the front right, A little of the left but not as bad. So I got the guards rolled, But the wheels still sit almost inline with the guard.

So my question is, Are the aftermarket guards sold on eBay and wherever else actually wider then the stock guard as claimed to be?

Any help would be great, Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Super6

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Never heard of these...

I imagine they are just normal guards pumped out... very unlikely they are manufactured from scratch wider...

So it would probably be easier if you got you're current guards pumped out a bit...

Good luck with this topic... interesting...

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
i know the ones you are talking about, yes they are wider but im pretty sure they still attach to the guard liner so they would just look wider. better of getting your guards rolled like Jesterarts said.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
i know the ones you are talking about, yes they are wider but im pretty sure they still attach to the guard liner so they would just look wider. better of getting your guards rolled like Jesterarts said.

Thanks both for your input,

Stock guards are pretty much rolled. Unfortunately im running 8.5inch rims on the front so they are almost exact inline with the guards.

How much is it to get guards pumped? And what sort of procedure am I looking at to do so? IE: Will I have to repaint the guards etc?

Cheers

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Thanks both for your input,

Stock guards are pretty much rolled. Unfortunately im running 8.5inch rims on the front so they are almost exact inline with the guards.

How much is it to get guards pumped? And what sort of procedure am I looking at to do so? IE: Will I have to repaint the guards etc?

Cheers

In Melbourne your looking at around $50-70 an arch, some will come out for a $49 callout fee. The guards will be heated and rolled, i heard it rare for the paint to crack or disfigure if the panel is heated effectively then rolled.