Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket head unit options VE SSV

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Don't have any of that in my SSV. Just want the HVAC info to display.
Well its winner winner, chicken dinner for you.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Lensman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ok, I see the HVAC info is displayed on a little panel supplied with the kit. I also note that the installation manual is now on the Aerpro site (hadn't noticed it before today). So it seems any double din unit will suffice, and you pay for the options you need. Here is the link to the manual. https://aerpro.com/fp9450bk#
And their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/AerproAustralia/?__tn__=,d,P-R&eid=ARC2JwNQpOCNjyxtN12wQ1RbLFq1If_a_iJ0I8tcB0WEBUywvyMwGosE2xWvGrsPHjV_rzA_XXLwnqRP

And still on special here! https://www.motoquipe.com.au/buy/holden-commodore-ve-series-1-dual-zone-climate-con/38590146

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I have one of Dig Options' Android HUs, and so far it's been pretty freaking awesome, bar a few niggling annoyances.
1: Top clips come loose sometimes. Nothing a little velcro can't fix.
2: Random app startups. Have to figure out why that happens... Maybe a scheduling issue with the OS.
3: Android Auto support is done through a slightly laggy third party app, so it's best to buy a 4G wireless dongle and keep it in the car for WiFi.
4: Can't seem to change the interior light colour in them? Not too much of a concern for me, but It's slightly niggling to see a slab of green LEDs in a sea of red.

Apart from that? It's been well solid. Good audio from the RCAs, great features, and a pretty good price. Climate controls are also built in and look pretty much stock.

Lensman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have one of Dig Options' Android HUs, and so far it's been pretty freaking awesome, bar a few niggling annoyances.
1: Top clips come loose sometimes. Nothing a little velcro can't fix.
2: Random app startups. Have to figure out why that happens... Maybe a scheduling issue with the OS.
3: Android Auto support is done through a slightly laggy third party app, so it's best to buy a 4G wireless dongle and keep it in the car for WiFi.
4: Can't seem to change the interior light colour in them? Not too much of a concern for me, but It's slightly niggling to see a slab of green LEDs in a sea of red.

Apart from that? It's been well solid. Good audio from the RCAs, great features, and a pretty good price. Climate controls are also built in and look pretty much stock.
Thanks rtmpgt. Just had a look at their site. Couldn't see any kits for VE SSV Dual Zones, or just standard VE's. Are you talking purely HU or HU and mounting kit? (Quote : climate controls are also built in and look pretty much stock)

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Thanks rtmpgt. Just had a look at their site. Couldn't see any kits for VE SSV Dual Zones, or just standard VE's. Are you talking purely HU or HU and mounting kit? (Quote : climate controls are also built in and look pretty much stock)

The Dig Options and Kayhan Audio units (Both come from similar OEMs) have two variants. The one with the OEM style controls built in (the ones that look a bit like the S1 OEM units with the big screen in them) are for single zone units. There's a mod kit out there from LSXTreme that allows you to convert from dual zone to single zone CC.

Kayhan and DIG also offer an 11" touch screen model (meant to look a bit like Tesla and Volvo's head units) which has touch screen climate controls, and they have a dual zone version as far as i know. However I personally prefer to use physical buttons for climate control.

Both of these unit options are a complete replacement for your stock head unit, and come with all the wiring you'll need to put them in. Took me about 3 hours to fit my system. I decided to use a compact sony 4ch amp wired to the stock speakers via the stock cabling, and a Pioneer under-seat subwoofer under the pax seat. Plan on adding a second sub of the same type under my seat.

B-rad78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute
I don't know if it's because I'm becoming a grumpy old fart or not but a VE I purchased 6 months ago has a Kayhan audio unit and I hate it. Would be worst thing I ever come across ( and I was about to get one for my xr8 and wrote it off 2 days before it was in ) I strongly suggest if you know anyone with Kayhan unit to take a drive in the car and test it thoroughly. If anyone near me in country Vic come and see for yourself and save yourself over the thousand bucks with other option

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I don't know if it's because I'm becoming a grumpy old fart or not but a VE I purchased 6 months ago has a Kayhan audio unit and I hate it. Would be worst thing I ever come across ( and I was about to get one for my xr8 and wrote it off 2 days before it was in ) I strongly suggest if you know anyone with Kayhan unit to take a drive in the car and test it thoroughly. If anyone near me in country Vic come and see for yourself and save yourself over the thousand bucks with other option

Let me guess. Laggy and touch screen climate controls?

Dig's unit is pretty good imo. I mean, still a PX6 Android unit beneath it all, but at least the tactile climate controls take some of the frustration out. Why anyone would want touch screen climate control flummoxes me.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I like it; but just a touch.
* Only posted for the pun