Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket headlights

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
Hi was wondering if any one knows where & how much aftermarket headlights are as the ones on mine are crap i mean you could put a couple of candles on the front & it would give me more light tried changing globes with no affect as the reflectors are faded & shot so come on guys help us out as i can,t even drive it at night it,s that bad:bang: :realangry

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
you will find a generic brand on the market usually from wreckers (comcar etc) brand new for about $70-$120 or i believe you can still find NOS GM ones for $100+

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
Thanks csl i seen a vn the other day with the sports altezza headlights so next time i see him i will ask him where he got them

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
the altezza lights he would be refering to were only made for the rear lights and they are illegal in South Aust as they do not have the orange reflector on them. Dunno about other states laws though

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Most wreckers sell the Taiwanese front headlights. They are exy from Holden and the imports are just the same for about $75 each. you can also buy replacement glass lense seperately. Put in some Phillips 50 plus globes that are nice and legal and give good light. don'ttouch the globe with ya mittens cause it will cause premature failure of the globe.

The Altenzas are for the rear and I don't think the question refered to the rear but the front. Headlights are at the front (as in head of the car) and rear or tail lights are at the rear.

It is only the VR VS headlights that are available with a clear after market lense and shaped reflector as opposed to the lense having the refracting surface and smooth reflector.

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
Yeah thanks fumanchu but i do know wat the difference is between the front & the back but any way seen the car again today & stopped him to ask him were he got the lights from he has some how modified the internals from a monro & fitted them to the vn ones from a distance they look good but i tell ya up close they look absalutely crap so i did,nt even bother asking him anymore as who would buy a set of monro lights & almost demolish them just to look good i did,nt even bother asking him how much he paid for them but anyway i have contacted altezza them selfs & asked them why they did not make them for the vn should hear something tomorrow & will let use know wat they say

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
that would be good.

They would sure sell a few because the VN/VP headlights are not that good even with new ones and good globes.

Even an option for the VB-VK would be worth while.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
those rear clear altezza lights make vn's look too ricey... i have seen a vn with modified front guards to fit vy lights, looked alright...would have cost a bit though..