Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Headunit with Steering Wheel Controls

knight9701

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
VY is now just a work vehicle but a reliable old girl who I have a soft spot for
After best options with aftermarket head unit only must is Bluetooth for my phone , eBay options ? What is ISO wiring harnesses ? Double din 6 inch 7 inch etc
Anyone done a cheap CHINESE model that is ok ?
After some ideas guys
Thanks in advance !!!

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
You get what you pay for in terms of sound quality, the difference between cheap Chinese head units and a mainstream one is noticeable even on stock speakers.

I used an Alpine CDA-255EBT it was a very good unit and easy to use. It did not have a screen, but the amount of time I wished I had one was negligible, unless you want navigation.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Get a decent unit. You can always remove it if you sell the car later. I have a pioneer avh8850bt in my monaro and it's great.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
If u want steering controls to still work expect to pay an additional $99 for the just the stage 1 loom wiring kit from autobarn. Its total bs that we got do this totally sucks balls

Ebay they are about 120 aeropro

Then u gotta buy a stage 2 kit for example pioneer to vy head unit cables another $20 to $30

So if u get a cheap chinese item u may not find a iso pack to fit ot suit it and definitely no steering controls then for u

So then u gotta buy your head unit too obviously

U can just get the stage 2 kit and will work but u wont have control or even power antenna which is where im at