Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket SatNav for VF

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes Our VF SV6 Storm and our old VR Commodore has the exact Garmin 61 LMT-s and last week we had the Maps and firmware updated and now yesterday I had another updated but they updated got rid of or maybe they still have it but its select able now.(Haven't look yet)
Now If you look at he Bottom of the garmin you will see the road that I'm driving on. Two updates before we got this and now its gone but like I said it could be in the features as I not have look yet.

Also the 2nd last update all RED Light and Combo speed cameras are now in RED and give a BIG warning!. Redlight Cameras are still in Grey.

On Morayfield road Morayfield we have two types of camera only 200m apart to get you. the new one the RED one is the Expensive one.
This is a Shot that my wife took of the Morayfield Redlight and Speed Combo Cameras to hit for the Poor peaple that live in that area.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Can you please show the photo of how that warning appears in the HUD?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Can you please show the photo of how that warning appears in the HUD?
Now this is the old VR 1993 commodore in the Photo, and for both the VR and the VF Storm that has the Garmin Sat nav the Redlight and Speed Cameras are not in my aftermaket HUD only in the Sat Nav. Do worry it give a good warning (audio Alarm) before you get to them

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
we had the Maps and firmware updated

The Maps and firmware were update Only On the Garmin device. So far since last September 2017 I have had at least 6 Maps and 4 Firmware Updates on this model of after Market sat Nav.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I very rarely program a Address to find but what I've notice that when you give it a address to find and when you use Freeways and when its time to get off it GIVE A EXACT PHOTO of the Intersection + the Line you should take getting of the highway with a arrow. I find this extremely good.

M

mwb235

Hey Guys,

I just bought a VF Calais (non-V). Its a very nice car, but the lack of a GPS is a little disappointing.

Has anyone had experience with the aftermarket kits which are selling on ebay?

The one I'm looking at has the iGo Primo GPS... is this any good?

Otherwise, what are your recommendations for a decent aftermarket kit?

I fitted a Navman Drive Duo GPS with built in 2-ch (front & rear) crash cam. Rear camera is a Navman A20.

I made a custom bracket out of 3mm thick steel, painted it black and attached to dash with double sided tape (no holes). I modified the plastic Navman swivel mount and attached it to my bracket, so it is still removable. Like a lot of people I didn’t want anything stuck to windscreen. Great in summer as I can still put up the sunshade without having to touch the Navman.

The Holden (or any factory in general) navigation is a waste of time IMO. Not only is it two years out of date (at best), it’s expensive, updates are infrequent, and even then it probably won’t be updated at all before long.

Sure the factory integration looks nice, but it isn’t practical. Anyway I prefer to have my nav/crash cam on a separate screen to the radio/HVAC/reverse cam. I don’t use the HUD nav feature and won’t miss it. Soon I will be getting the nav app icon permanently removed from my car’s Mylink home screen (including Pandora and Stitcher) and the nav menu in cluster, via custom programming by JSB Performance. I had him program TPMS last week and he does a good job.

The Navman Drive Duo has lifetime and regular free updates, and the usual revenue cameras and school zones, etc. Plus the added benefit of a crash cam as a bit of insurance against d—khead drivers. The crash cam PC software is easy to use too.

For those who are interested, here are some pics:

D7166710-EC13-4D08-8BB4-93174FC50E7B.jpeg
DE65DD7E-284B-47BC-8898-7D3EC2A56728.jpeg
26E9EEC9-7DFC-4934-8886-F4BE8D378264.jpeg
14E2832D-4E60-45B2-88D8-F3A553FA49B6.jpeg
C008F318-7EF9-4A02-A576-570ADD2D5026.jpeg
11B9B47F-A7E9-4112-B0A5-9852378574C9.jpeg

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Goodjob, though prefer an integrated option!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
*deleted because image of guy with brick mobile ‘phone gaff-taped to head wouldn’t work*

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-13_16-59-29.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-13_16-59-29.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 258

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny thing happened yesterday as the wife and myself drove to fruit shop in the VF with the Gamil 61 LMT's Sat Nav and on one main road the round A Bout is getting an upgrade so the Traffic Controller there waved us with other cars the go around the round A bout in the WRONG WAY. Half way around the Garmin went berserk and GAVE US A WARNING TWICE! Warning you are going the wrong way" and three of of the 4 side of the Gamin flashed in RED. whist this was happening the VF's Mylink did NOTHING!!