Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket shift knob

jdsmirin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega 3.0
If im going to change my AT shift knob. Does the one im changing it to need to have a button. Cause I've seen sparco ones that just push down and change gears instead of using the button.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can not. It has to be made for the VE which is specific to the VE. You are going to have to learn to love the knob you have.
sphhPwF.gif

Last edited:

Proboost.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss Ute and 1000hp xr6
Was thinking the same thing, mine has gone all soft and mushy but after a good proper clean it’s a lot better but a new one would be nice, maybe try and fine a very low K wreck and swap em over ‍?

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
I haven’t found anyone that makes them but in theory, if you really really want a different one you could fabricate one that still has the same push button that will work on the shifter but have the actually handle look different, my thoughts was you could use a mould over the top of the stock one, it would take so much playing around to do it if you reallllyyyy want

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those would be really nice but like you said pricey
If they were <$50 might consider them but 200+ for just a shift knob, no thanks
I don't even bother looking for cosmetic parts anymore.

I was looking at honeycomb grills last year sometime and they were only $50. Now they are $200+. Should have gotten it when I saw it at 200, but was trying to get one from my mechanic or wreckers for cheaper haha I will eventually make my own, the hood latch is in an annoying spot, so need to take some time and fab something up with ally and see how it goes haha

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those would be really nice but like you said pricey
If they were <$50 might consider them but 200+ for just a shift knob, no thanks
Might even look at stitching up a cover for my gear stick, it's a bit worn

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
I don't even bother looking for cosmetic parts anymore.

I was looking at honeycomb grills last year sometime and they were only $50. Now they are $200+. Should have gotten it when I saw it at 200, but was trying to get one from my mechanic or wreckers for cheaper haha I will eventually make my own, the hood latch is in an annoying spot, so need to take some time and fab something up with ally and see how it goes haha
Yeah prices are just going sky high for I don’t even know what reason, second hand stuff is the best bet or if you can fabricating your own stuff