Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Steering Wheel with Airbag/SRS????

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
does anyone know if they'd impound the car if youre pulled over with one in a vt or a late model commy??

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
does anyone know if they'd impound the car if youre pulled over with one in a vt or a late model commy??

"With One", as in one with or without an airbag?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L

Assuming you mean airbag it's illegal, at the very least it's defectable. But yes, I would think they would, given they can impound you for burnouts - you'd think illegally removing an airbag would be enough.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They won't impound your car, but depending on the officer, the defect you get will be either a "present for inspection" or "do not drive until presented for inspection" notice, and what ever applicable fine.

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
well im looking into fitting an aftermarket steering wheel in my vt and if i get pulled over and defected. ill just put the factory one back on, go through the inspection and back on the road i am

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
well im looking into fitting an aftermarket steering wheel in my vt and if i get pulled over and defected. ill just put the factory one back on, go through the inspection and back on the road i am

It's not that easy... If you get done, they can just tick "vehicle check not complete" and they will go over the whole car like a RWC...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

And what happens next time you get pulled up, and they receive the flag for your illegal steering wheel and, hello, there it is again?