Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aftermarket stereo - dash functions missing

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I just put an aftermarket h/u in my 04 vz SS and have lost some of the functions of my dash like headlights courtesy on and door lock controls etc.

I've done a search and looks like I need a dash software upgrade.

Anyone done it or have any other advice.

So annoying as I just pulled this stereo out of my vz Berlina and didn't have these issues. Both VZ's are late 2004 models.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I had the exact same issue with my VZ SV6 '04.

Some have said switching off the radio display option before pulling the original unit out sometimes works, but i had no luck with that.

For now, i have the old unit in the shed if i want to change some of the 'missing' settings, the 3 Holden dealerships around me won't help.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
looks like I need a dash software upgrade

Have you approached a Holden dealer to ascertain if any applicable software updates are available? Even though you might need to pay some dollars, I seriously doubt that a dealer would refuse to carry out any applicable software updates to your vehicle - as it would be no different to you requesting them to fix any other problem on your vehicle.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I just put an aftermarket h/u in my 04 vz SS and have lost some of the functions of my dash like headlights courtesy on and door lock controls etc.

I've done a search and looks like I need a dash software upgrade.

Anyone done it or have any other advice.

So annoying as I just pulled this stereo out of my vz Berlina and didn't have these issues. Both VZ's are late 2004 models.
Software update may not even fix the issue. There are so many different software versions/types for different clusters that you will be taking a gamble on whether it will or wont work. My cluster currently has the latest software version and it doesnt display the missing functions. Although an old spare calais cluster with a lower software version seems to happily display everything.

Its easier to just pickup a $50 spare headunit to keep in the shed if you do ever need to make the changes.

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I also just keep the old one in case I ever feel the need to change those couple of settings, however haven't used them yet.

Out of interest what sort of headunit and Fascia did you install, pics?