Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Stereo No sound?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I reckon you've got it in one. Another lowlife that's passed on his junk and run like hell.

Hope you paid for it via PayPal as this way you can get your money back for an item that's been sold "Not as Described".

I just love when these idiots get stung back for their gutless faceless selling.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i'd be willing to bet the aeropro is wired wrong or the HU has a blown amp.

Metzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It is certainly illuminated.

Surely this isn't the issue ?

Nah definitely not I've turned mute on and off pressing the button, and increasing the volume dial turns the mute off too according to the manual.

Metzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i'd be willing to bet the aeropro is wired wrong or the HU has a blown amp.

Would a wrongly wired aerpro kit blow the HU amp? Just wondering in case I buy a new HU and use the same aerpro kit.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Would a wrongly wired aerpro kit blow the HU amp? Just wondering in case I buy a new HU and use the same aerpro kit.

I said OR.

Metzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks for the tips guys! It has really helped. I only recently got the time to work on the car again and have made some progress.

I bench tested the head unit and it works perfectly. I checked the harness kit and discovered that the rear right and rear left speaker wires were the wrong way around. Apparently, this is common with Aerpro harnesses. I rewired the harness the right way around, but I still can't get any sound out of the speakers.

This leads me to assume there is something wrong with the speakers/speaker wires. I have bought a Multimeter to check this, but I don't really know what I am doing still haha.

Any help would be much appreciated :)