Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aftermarket stereo that will work with multifunction

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by Cotillion, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Cotillion

Cotillion New Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket stereo unit that will work with the multifunction on the VY II?

I want to use my iPod and don't really want to do all the soldering etc.

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers

2. HSV320

HSV320 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Clubsport
    Yes,
    The Alpine 9857 (currently a old model), I have the same one in my car it will do all the volume and the track up/down just like your standard stero would work, and i think that the moduel for this is betwen $200-300 i havent bought one yet!

3. VY5Speed

VY5Speed New Member

Members Ride:
    VY S - 5 Speed
    Yes i can confirm that. most of the current Alpine models will do that but you will need an extra box of tricks to get it to work. About $200.

Im pretty sure that Pioneer and Kenwood are the same deal. But better check on that.

4. The Windsurfing VY Wagon

The Windsurfing VY Wagon New Member

Members Ride:
    VY S2 04 S/W
    Hey there,

I have the Pioneer bluetooth headunit that I bought on special from Autobarn for $499 they were $799.
    I then bought the Pioneer IPOD adaptor thingy on special for $120 so that ment the IPOD was always charged and any thing the IPOD could do my headunit could now do.
    Then to hook the headunit up to the steering wheel controls I bought what they call the Cat Nine for $129. That ment the controls worked 100% with the headunit and the IPOD.

Love my system, good deals at Autobarn Townsville and pretty easy to install my self as the install guys there where just too hapy to give me a few tips on what to do with the Cat Nine.

Windsurfing.....