Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket ve stereo

Joe mumma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve and 2 x xc barina ..a z14xe and a z14xep
I changed out the standard stereo in my 2010 VE SS using aerpro facia kit and installed a Kenwood touch screen , I can't get the steering wheel controlls to work tho and wonder if there is a trick to it, it asks me to press steering wheel buttons (YouTube shows a guy in a random car holding each button for 2 seconds to register) I was mashing the buttons and got a - symbol on the stereo setup screen but couldn't get more ... The park brake wire is earthed out ... Any trick to it considering the ve has rolling buttons lol

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Does your head unit need a steering wheel control module attached? The facia only takes care of the hvac features.

Joe mumma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does your head unit need a steering wheel control module attached? The facia only takes care of the hvac features.
The facia came with a patch lead which was a 3.5 jack and 3 wires that clipped to facia with a big plug , the stereo has a jack hole and I brought a Kenwood to ISO cable that came with a patch lead so I plugged in that 1 via 3.5 jack and connect the 3 wires to the facia 3 wires .. didn't work so used the facia 3.5 jack direct to stereo ...I thought the moduel was built into facia as the patch lead plugs into a big plug on it

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Well we are going to need more info.

What facia is it? Dual or single zone?
What model headunit is it?

also going to assume its a series 1 VE

Joe mumma

Reaction score
Members Ride

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Joe mumma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do the rolling buttons have a 'press' function as well?
Umm volume dosnt , song skip does but it operates as the enter key for the car trip computer and things like that , not sure if it has a stereo function lol

Joe mumma

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got a day off on Sunday so might try again then , will try remove the patch lead that came with the Stero to ISO cable and use the patch lead direct from facia , also seen a video saying to disconnect all the plugs and work from stereo back plugging in main plug last

Crash 778hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina S1
Did you have any issues once you got it going im having an issue with mine after it was going for a few weeks now all of a sudden I have no power to the aerpro dual zone fascia kit and no power to the head unit I. Getting pissed at it I've checked and rechecked all fuses I was lead to believe the radio relay in the kick panel may of been cactus so bought a brand new one no change any help plz