Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air bag Fault

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought a Tech 2 was needed to reset the PCM and clear the fault? Is this not the case? I was of the understanding that once an airbag fault has been logged, it will no longer operate, until the fault is cleared using a Tech 2?

Last edited:

Michelle22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The airbag light would be your clock spring but not a cheap fix, around 550-600 at Holden, if you can do the job yourself then it be cheaper only if your confident enough to do it, its not hard to do, just remove battery wait 5-10 min, remove crash pad ( airbag ) steering wheel nut and replace the spring, I'm sure there are videos on u-tube to show how. Get one off ebay and do it yourself, oh just make sure to center your wheels straight before removing so it lines up when replacing.
Ok thanks my husband is going to try and do it tomorrow

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I thought a Tech 2 was needed to reset the PCM and clear the fault? Is this not the case? I was of the understanding that once an airbag fault has been logged, it will no longer operate, until the fault is cleared using a Tech 2?
Light going on and off so it will stay off once fixed, might be on the history list but as long the light is out then your air bags will work on impact. If they want it wont hurt to clear the codes for next time.