Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air bag Fault

Michelle22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have and airbbag fault coming on and off only when I turn left any ideas

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have and airbbag fault coming on and off only when I turn left any ideas
sounds like a faulty clockspring, pretty common issue.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Need a tech 2 i believe, to do the reset. Steering wheel needs to come off. I've been fortunate in that my cars with clocksprings never had one fail.

Michelle22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks I book it into the mechanic
My park brake light is also coming on I have had it to the mechanic only and in car fault so it’s not coming up on the reader but he says everything is fine not sure how to get rid of that either

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My park brake light is also coming on I have had it to the mechanic only and in car fault so it’s not coming up on the reader but he says everything is fine not sure how to get rid of that either
Look at your switch on the hand brake, maybe needs replace or just a clean or could be stuck, a scan should tell you what's been going on , I know the earlier commodores had problems with clock springs bringing on the light but they all mostly stay on, your cluster maybe playing up or a earth issue somewhere. Wont hurt to check your battery terminals or earth straps first.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Need a tech 2 i believe, to do the reset. Steering wheel needs to come off. I've been fortunate in that my cars with clocksprings never had one fail.
Nope just remove battery before removing the airbag on steering wheel, light isn't staying on so doesn't need to be reset, Holden charge around 600 for a new one fitted.

Last edited:

Michelle22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Look at your switch on the hand brake, maybe needs replace or just a clean or could be stuck, a scan should tell you what's been going on , I know the earlier commodores had problems with clock springs bringing on the light but they all mostly stay on, your cluster maybe playing up or a earth issue somewhere. Wont hurt to check your battery terminals or earth straps first.
Ok I’ll give that a try when it went to the mechanic last he said there is nothing coming up on a scan about the brake light

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ok I’ll give that a try when it went to the mechanic last he said there is nothing coming up on a scan about the brake light
The airbag light would be your clock spring but not a cheap fix, around 550-600 at Holden, if you can do the job yourself then it be cheaper only if your confident enough to do it, its not hard to do, just remove battery wait 5-10 min, remove crash pad ( airbag ) steering wheel nut and replace the spring, I'm sure there are videos on u-tube to show how. Get one off ebay and do it yourself, oh just make sure to center your wheels straight before removing so it lines up when replacing.