Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Light 95 VS

alex673

Alex673
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
Hey all,

My 5 year old son was sitting in the drivers seat of my vs and was playing around with the indicator stalk, horn all the usual things that kids play with. Anyway, since he was fiddling with all the controls, the Airbag Light is now constantly on.

Now as far as I know the car has never been pranged, so I doubt there is a problem with the airbag. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
there is a yellow cable found under the shroud where the indicator is. might be loose . could also be the clock spring in the steering wheel

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
^^ as Zuicider said.
Failing that, a trip to Holden is on the cards. They'll plug Tech1 into your cars computer and clear the fault code, or diagnose the problem further.

Apart from the above mentioned causes, the airbag light turns on when the battery is connected, the car igntion is on and something electrical has been tampered with. I have serious doubts whether your son caused the fault code in this manner, but it's possible.
as an extreme, i need mine cleared as when i pulled out the instrument cluster in th edash, i was listening to the radio in the car. logged a fault as it is electrical. Don't know what else causes it, but maybe something got knocked around accidentally and logged the fault.
Cheers
CC

alex673

Alex673
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
Cheers guys

will ring holden and book it in. Thanks for your input

Alex

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Good luck with Holden. I have had my car to the local Holden place 3 times now for the same fault within the last 2 months. Every time the light has been off for a week or so the BAM its back. Been meaning to organize for it to go back for a forth time but haven't got around to it. Worse part is they told me the first time that if it is the airbag module failing they dont make them for VS's anymore so I am going to be a little stuck..