Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air bag light staying on. help?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
does that mean if you get in2 and accident the air bags wont deploy?
It might or it might not, you never really know. It depends on what made the light come on in the first place.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Took it to ultratune behind my work, they checked it for me for free because we gave them a good deal on a tv they bought from us the week before haha. They said it was the seatbelt pretensioner and the part to fix it wont be available until the 25th of this month and will take another week on that to get it shipped. Then they said its going to cost me $380 to get it fixed. I called holden and they said the same deal but would do it for $330 which i thought was odd for holden to do it cheaper than someone else. So now ive got to wait a month to get the anoying light/beeping fixed.

chromic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 E2 R8 Maloo, 05 VZ CV8 Monaro, 96 VS V6 Ute
The car wont pass rego if the airbag light stays on, or if the globe was removed as the beeps will still be heard if not cleared. Unless of course the rego dude turns a blind eye.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
The car wont pass rego if the airbag light stays on, or if the globe was removed as the beeps will still be heard if not cleared. Unless of course the rego dude turns a blind eye.

lol, the guy doing my rwc told me to remove the globe.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon

bwahaha dodgy... how does one remove such globe? i have the same prob and need to pass a defect inspection :p

chromic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 E2 R8 Maloo, 05 VZ CV8 Monaro, 96 VS V6 Ute

Cool. I did that and he asked me what I did. I said ""my mate has a tech 2 scanner" He went and checked the car and came back telling me that the globe was taken out and he wont pass the car until I fix it :bang: Rules are rules and I just have to cop it on the chin.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Took it to ultratune behind my work, they checked it for me for free because we gave them a good deal on a tv they bought from us the week before haha. They said it was the seatbelt pretensioner and the part to fix it wont be available until the 25th of this month and will take another week on that to get it shipped. Then they said its going to cost me $380 to get it fixed. I called holden and they said the same deal but would do it for $330 which i thought was odd for holden to do it cheaper than someone else. So now ive got to wait a month to get the anoying light/beeping fixed.

if they have a scan tool try getting the fault codes removed..

myne was a pretensioner that set it off and cleared the code no problem since

captain hook

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
You dont need tech 2 to clear the codes any decent scan tool will be able to do it.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
well if thats all they need to do they didnt do it. they told me they need to take the seat out to change something and charge me $380 for it