Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Question

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
a mate of mine asked me the question today 'does your car have an airbag?'. i was sure it did, but now i am not conviced. it doesnt have on the steering wheel cover thing the airbag logo thingy. plus he said there should be an airbag light that comes on for a few seconds when you start the car.
being a 99 VSIII S-Pack i figured it would have been standard. Does anyone know for sure?

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
it will say on your steering wheel, like SRS
you should be able to tell by looking at it! it will be considerably fatter than other wheels!
Also your mate is correct when he was saying about the airbag lighting up on the dash for 5 seconds after you've started the car!
i think for memory its on the right hand side and its red

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
quick way to tell...pull your sunvisor down it should have it on there.....will explain about SRS Airbags etc etc.

should be standard on series 3 shouldnt it ?

B

brettkp

Another way to tell...

Under the drivers seat there will (or at least there is on the sedan) a little black box. This is where all the sensor info is processed and the airbag triggered from. No box, no air bag.

And the most definate way to tell...run up the back of someone at speed...just kidding

Cheers,
Brett

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i didnt see anything under the seat last time i pulled them out to clean it. i gotta do it again soon though so ill have a better look. i said to my mate 'one way to tell if it has an airbag or not... close your gate and hold on' haha

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
QUOTE (brettkp @ Feb 19 2004, 08:06 PM) Another way to tell...

Under the drivers seat there will (or at least there is on the sedan) a little black box. This is where all the sensor info is processed and the airbag triggered from. No box, no air bag.
Cheers,
Brett
so thats what that is....

pasted from the good ol commodore archieve

Ute S

Standard Equipment:
Limited Slip Differential, 15" x 7" alloy wheels, 205/65 R15 tyres.

Optional Equipment:
Driver's and/or Passenger's Airbag.

so im guessing that they wanted the passenger air bag and not the drivers for some reason :|