Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Question

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Nope no air bag....should say airbag on the passeger side instead of Commodre i think and also the steering wheel should have slits in it where it will split when deployed, hope this helps correct me if im wrong

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
i disagree
u have a drivers airbag by the looks of it, even though it doesnt say it, but u certainly dont have a passenger side air bag!
this is what a passenger side airbag looks like
http://photos.carsales.com.au/1575678.jpg
that one has duel, just trying to find a pic that doesnt have one in the drivers wheel!
here we go!
thats a non airbag wheel!
http://photos.carsales.com.au/1600725.jpg
hope this helps to clear matters up!

steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina SW
QUOTE (ChRiDDa @ Feb 20 2004, 06:26 PM)this is what a passenger side airbag looks like
http://photos.carsales.com.au/1575678.jpg

Okay, looking at those two pictures, I'd stick with the first picture, as it is a picture of a car with BOTH passenger and driver's airbag.

From the looks of your car, you don't have one. The steering wheel would be labelled, and also have all the warning signs on you car, on your visor and other places etc... But, your steering wheel would also have an indent across it. When the airbag is deployed, this divot breaks open and the airbag pops out. It seems you've just got a stand steering wheel mate. sorry. Your steering wheel looks similar to a VN one too, which of course didn't come with airbags at all.

my vr has a driver's airbag. it's labelled and all. there are stickers on the b pillar to prove it. there is also a black box under the seat. and I have the fat steering wheel.

I could be wrong, but they are my thoughts. I've seen plenty of airbags after deployment (from doing road rescue work), and yeah, your car doesn't look like it's got one.

steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina SW
well, when you start your car, a few lights should come on, then turn off. these include the ABS AND airbag warning lights. (if and when fitted)

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
face it it dont look like there is an airbag in the vehicle.

reasons: no badges or stickers/no black box under seat/no crease in wheel/no panel on passenger side for air bag/no warning label on drivers visor shall i go on.

dont mean to be rude but really wouldnt that tell you something.

please dont take this post the wrong way im not saying your an idiot or anything.

if you have any problem with this post just call 0412 whogivesashit

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
VS UTE....you have a drivers side but you have no passenger air bag

B

brettkp

Ok, here's my vote: no airbags

It's obvious there's no passenger side one.
I have a VSII Berlina (twin airbags) and the pic of your steering wheel is not the same.

There should be a long horizontal crease across the centre as steve wrote. It will also say on the steering wheel itself.

Cheers,
Brett

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
your ute does not have any airbags.

this is what an airbag looks like in a VS, as mentioned above you can see clearly the crease across the cover, from where the bag does it's grand entrance: