Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con and temp sensor not working

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Gday i have had this issue for a couple months but since few days ago is now happening almost everyday.
I have "contact dealer" followed by "serive" coming up. Ive noticed when this happens the air con isnt cold/working just blowing air and also the water temperature gauge isnt working..this happens randomly and comes and goes..also another issue which is happening that comes and goes is the temperture gauge is all over the place and when this happens the rpm is effected..ive been putting the car into engineering mode to watch coolant temp reading and when this problem happens it goes from normal running temp to -40. When its -40 the rpm/idle goes up to 3000rpm..
After reading other threads with the same issue i replaced both the temp sensor and thermostat yesterday and was fine until today when contact dealer came.back on and no aircon or temp reading..
Does anyone have any ideas?? Should i do a computer restart as i havent done that when replacing the 2 parts?

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
scan for codes
Yeah i just bought a obd2 of ebay so i can see what codes its showing.. i disconnected the battery and the day i posted this thread and it was fine until today..so will see if it does it leaving work later.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
From memory I had a VE where the AC wouldn't come on because the ambient temp sensor had failed.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
From memory I had a VE where the AC wouldn't come on because the ambient temp sensor had failed.

Probably low on gas,
as they have a high & low pressure switches, that is to save the other components of your air con system.

Horacehighroller

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2010 Int VE11 Omega LY7 LPG Statesman 09 LY7
Gday i have had this issue for a couple months but since few days ago is now happening almost everyday.
I have "contact dealer" followed by "serive" coming up. Ive noticed when this happens the air con isnt cold/working just blowing air and also the water temperature gauge isnt working..this happens randomly and comes and goes..also another issue which is happening that comes and goes is the temperture gauge is all over the place and when this happens the rpm is effected..ive been putting the car into engineering mode to watch coolant temp reading and when this problem happens it goes from normal running temp to -40. When its -40 the rpm/idle goes up to 3000rpm..
After reading other threads with the same issue i replaced both the temp sensor and thermostat yesterday and was fine until today when contact dealer came.back on and no aircon or temp reading..
Does anyone have any ideas?? Should i do a computer restart as i havent done that when replacing the 2 parts?
Check the plastic connector for the temp sensor.
They become brittle (and can crack) as a result of the proximity to the exhaust manifold.

G.nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu
Check the plastic connector for the temp sensor.
They become brittle (and can crack) as a result of the proximity to the exhaust manifold.
You hit the nail on the head mate ..
Just go to order a new connector and re wire it in
Thanks buddy