Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con filter

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey guys

everytime i use my air con there is a nasty smell. can someone give me a guide on replacing the air con filter. also what should i be paying or a new filter and where from?

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
what type of smell? coolant/mouldy? is it warm when its meant to be cooling? is it only happening on recirc or fresh air aswell? have you tried spraying a can of the air-con duct cleaner?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
what type of smell? coolant/mouldy? is it warm when its meant to be cooling? is it only happening on recirc or fresh air aswell? have you tried spraying a can of the air-con duct cleaner?

hmmm... can you tell me more about the air-con duct cleaner.

smoken_VS

Perth wa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx Commodore sedan
where is the air cond filter i went on a dust road and sucked in a **** load of red dust and its putting strain on the fan and sounds like a helicopter in the car while ya driving. where is there air cond filter?

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
The only air filter for the air intake for cabin air is what you see under the wiper arms. This only filters out leaves and other debris etc, not dust ar any other airborne material. The only other aircon filter sometimes refferred to is the sealed in-line filter/drier which is in the refrigerant line behind the front grill on the passenger side.(nothing to do with the air going into the cabin)

Ozkiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Series II Sedan
I have a similar problem

Hi Guys, 3 weeks ago, I bought a VT Series 2 Acclaim and the aircon worked fine for the first week. Since then, whenever I turn off the car and go shopping (for example) then come back and start up the car and the aircon, I get this acrid smell coming out of the air vents in the front of the dash. It really bites the back of the nose and is making me sick.. This smell only lasts a short while, until the car starts to cool down again, then it's gone til next time...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve