Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con lights arent working

V

vs4lillee

hey all look i have just got my vs i originilly had a hyundai lantra[piece of utter sh*t:ranting: ]now i am stoked with it but three things wrong with her firstly a/c illumination is not working any ideas how to fix it [yes fuses are fine]secondly the hinge holding the glovebox in that the black pin sits into[not the glove box itself but what it connects to] is broken is there any way to fix it and finally and i am very sorry but because its a ex company car it has a mark on the side from where the company sticker was does anyone know how to remove it i have tried everything or should i just cut my losses and get her resprayed anyway any help would be good cheers:thumbsup:

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Air con light is most likely the globe behind the switch being blown, costs $7 to fix from an auto-elec, or do it yourself if you're patient and don't mind giving things a go. As for the other two things, can't help you there sorry.

Good luck with it all,
Cheers, Boojakz

MBS206

Reaction score
A good cut and polish could remove the markings.

If not, the major issue will be the paint that was under the signwriting has not faded, and the paint surrounding it has, (Unnoticable if there were no sticker) and hence, a respray is the only fix.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
you might be able to tie like a cable tie as a temporary fix to hold the glove box up, maybe try find a place that sells plastic rod messure the size you need a stick a small peice of round rod through it

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
1) Light on air con is fairly easy. Do a search on 'instrument cluster'. You will see a how to that shows you how to get that part of the dash apart. From there you can get the switch and the bulb simply twists in. You can pop the face of the air con switch off with a screwdriver and pull the switch out with a pair of needle nose pliers, meaning you dont have to take the dash out, but that can get messy and there are little springs you need to be careful of.

2) I had the same problem with my glovebox (by the sounds of it). Broken in the bottom right hand side. I pulled the dash apart and pulled the glovebox out and glued up the cracks. Made it sit nicely again, but a bit of work to pull it apart, especially if you havent done it before.

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
ok
1) remove the two screws infront of your steering wheel under your dash lip in front of the cluster and unclip the plastic surround. unclip the headlight and speedalert wires then pop out the ac switch, (squeeze each side to and pop the switch out. once out u can replace the sorround but make sure the wires are poking out so as to reattach and push the switch back in. on top of the switch will b 2 round circles with like a head for a flat screw driver. use ya fingernail to half turn and remove.

2) i used a 13mm hose steel piping bracket like what plumbers use for water pipes ans screwed it into the underside of the dash so the blck clip cud slid into it and hold the glove box.