Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con Probs ( i think)

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
Hey.

When i goto turn on my air con it will work and i can change its level using the 1, 2, 3, 4 switch..

But it wont goto Dimisters or anything else.. It just stays blowing on the feet no matter what i do...... :cry:

Vn series 1 V6

Any have any ideas?

Cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the selector switch is vacuum operated, sounds like either the switch is faulty or there isn't any vacuum getting to the selctor switch. you'll need to pull the selector switch out and check all the vacuum lines going to it

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Find the split or disconnected vacuum hose, start at the throttle body and work your way to the selector dial. Don't forget to check the vacuum ball in the passengers front wheel well.

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thats were it was...

So what do i do now.. Id start the car but the battery just got put on charge...

So if i start it, i should be ok???

Or do i need to d something else?

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
As long as you don't have any other vacuum leaks it should work fine, when you get the car running.

Start it up, and you should be able to aim the air using the dial. If not, then you've got a vac leak somewhere else.

Just as a side note, having a vac leak like that will really screw up your idle.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hey, this happened to me the other week when i put a deck into my car. and the plug that goes into the aircon... follow the hoses back and dont worry about the ones that go to the passenger side, follow the ones that go to the driver side and you will see that one of the hoses is not connected to anything(i think the hose comes from the oppisite direction but thats how i found it because its right next to the rest of the hoses), and there's a place for it to connect in the dash(jus a little thing for the hose to connect to, to stop it from sucking) and that will let you select the other modes. i dont know if that made sense but yeah thats the best i could explain it. By the way it helps to follow the hoses if u take off that plastic bit that sends the air through the centre concole....

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just the front pipe from the little vaccum ball at the front.. i had pulled it off when i was workin under there and it must have lost pressure

Thanks for the help thou