Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con regassing

Bookanun

Reaction score
Hi again guys,

Just about to regas my air con in my vn 2m, i was wondering if anyone knows how much gas should be put in it to regas, the system is entirely empty.

Cheers

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
couldnt tell ya how much gas mate but id do ya seals before ya bother gassing it up as they dry up if its been degassed for a while

Bookanun

Reaction score
Yeah i will do that next year, im getting it gassed up for nothing to get up north of WA, will do properly one im up there.

If anyone knows how much gas goes in roughly, or how to tell wen its full that would b excellent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Misses booked her nova in yesturday its 40 dollars to check for leaks and up to 280 if she needs new stuff, bout 80 bucks for a regas if its pipes are leak free.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Roughly, 850-900gm of R12 - I think. Best to be certain though i.e. look it up in a proper reference source as there isn't a sight glass to check on VN and putting in the correct weight is the only way to be sure the correct amount is in the system. If it's been modified to use R134a, the amount (weight) may be different too.

Bookanun

Reaction score
yeah i have gassed it up and put in 825 grams in and worked excellently, for future referene if anyone needs to know that was spot on, and we used R134A as well.

Cheers

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
I payed $180 for regas and new seals and the leak test ...

I'm spewing as the original gas froze your tits off .. but now this new enviromental friendly gas is total craaappppppp.

this is why I have a 2 stroke pocketbike that creates alot of bad smoke for the enviroment ahahahah

the greens can kiss my ass ...

aajlin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
yeah i have gassed it up and put in 825 grams in and worked excellently, for future referene if anyone needs to know that was spot on, and we used R134A as well.

Cheers

Hi Mate

I want to regas my VN as well - where'd you get the R134A gas from

Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the A/C gas has escaped the A/C system quickly, either from undoing the A/C pipes without firstly degassing the system, or from a front end crash where the condenser or its pipes gets damaged etc, then this can cause some of the A/C compressor oil to be lost along with the escaping gas,this is because some compressor oil circulates the system along with the gas, so if your car lost its A/C gas quickly, then its probably worth getting the A/C service guy to check the A/C compressor oil as well as just adding new gas. Its also worth getting the leak detection dye added with the gas so it will be easlier to detect any future leaks in the A/C system.. Also once the A/C is up and working again, be sure to use it for 15 minutes every week, especially in the winter time when it gets little use.This keeps the A/C system in good working order and keeps the compressor seals etc lubricated. Its also good to use the A/C with the air temp dial in the HOT and the position set to screen to demist the interior of the glass heaps quickly, as the A/C system also dries the air as well as cooling it.

Last edited: