Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con Servicing?

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi All
Summer is here and my 2011 Wagon Air Con is working however not as cold as I remember from I'm last season.
I don't know a lot about A/C but I'm pretty sure you can get them re - gassed
Question, is there a specific Air Conditioning service you can get done? I've read you should run it every few weeks to keep seals moist etc.
Cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Take it in for a regas and dryer change. That's pretty much it for an AC service. They suck all the old gas out and remove any moisture and refil the gas and test the system for leaks.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Take it in for a regas and dryer change. That's pretty much it for an AC service. They suck all the old gas out and remove any moisture and refil the gas and test the system for leaks.
Cheers Losh What's a dryer change?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's called a receiver/dryer it's part of the AC system. It's about $20 rough guess for the part. Plus a bit of labour to swap it. It really should be changed with a regas, as they can explode and damage the system once they get old.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have one on the way for ours. And a new compressor.
6B8FF415-6DF9-42D3-B332-05723C51DF44.jpeg

This is the drier.

The bumper needs to come off. That gives access to the condenser on the front of the radiator. On the side is a hard to see cap that unscrews and has the filter/dryer cartridge in there. In the below photo, it’s on the left side.
609B3F85-3545-4FE2-BA46-0C1AFAC86C96.jpeg

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I have one on the way for ours. And a new compressor.
View attachment 230856
This is the drier.

The bumper needs to come off. That gives access to the condenser on the front of the radiator. On the side is a hard to see cap that unscrews and has the filter/dryer cartridge in there. In the below photo, it’s on the left side.
View attachment 230855
Hi @Fu Manchu Appreciate the input My Wagon. is a series 2 (2011) would this be the same part & process required to remove the front bumper to fit a new receiver drier?
Cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fu, do you not have Ashdown or Cooldrive where you are? That dryer was a little on the expensive side.
Just need someone with an account to buy from Cooldrive but they are the cheapest by far.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Fu, do you not have Ashdown or Cooldrive where you are? That dryer was a little on the expensive side.
Just need someone with an account to buy from Cooldrive but they are the cheapest by far.
I just randomly chose a drier so I could use the photo. The price I paid was much less at purchase.