Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con Servicing?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The issue with a VE system is they can leak through the comp seal. The hard part is that on VEs it can take 2-3 years or longer to leak out if they are working reasonably well. It's pretty hard to detect such a slow leak. So they tend to measure the gas and determine where to from there. I'm booking mine in as it's not cold enough lately, and setting 15 has been cold enough but it's not freezing as you would expect. Bloke said he thinks mine hasn't been serviced for a lot longer than 2 or 3 years. There is no service record anywhere. So it needs doing. Tech said they should be serviced every 2 - 3 years.
I don't know what the factory recommendations are but if it's like other components Holden probably say it's sealed for life.......

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The issue with a VE system is they can leak through the comp seal. The hard part is that on VEs it can take 2-3 years or longer to leak out if they are working reasonably well. It's pretty hard to detect such a slow leak. So they tend to measure the gas and determine where to from there. I'm booking mine in as it's not cold enough lately, and setting 15 has been cold enough but it's not freezing as you would expect. Bloke said he thinks mine hasn't been serviced for a lot longer than 2 or 3 years. There is no service record anywhere. So it needs doing. Tech said they should be serviced every 2 - 3 years.
I don't know what the factory recommendations are but if it's like other components Holden probably say it's sealed for life.......
Yeah, probably considered sealed of life according to Holden‘s mindset, yet it sounds like it leaks for life :p:p:p

Truth of the matter is that the compressor is poorly designed if it leaks its refrigerant into the atmosphere over a few years. As such it can’t be of acceptable quality from an to ACL (and especially EPA, Arc Tick, etc) persective ;)