Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con to Climate Control

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hiya guys, im changing the Aircon unit to a Climate Control setup
Just checking that i need.... Climate Control Heater Box, Wiring Loom and Climate Control Unit.
Do i need anything else?
Also any tip before i start?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Not sure if this is an easy thing as it possibly may need a BCM change to a Mid or High level unit which really means a total wiring change, but if you are taking it all out you might as well go for a High level and all it's associated bits and pieces, alternatively buy a Calais and avoid all the headaches that would go with this job.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Well TY for the info, done some more research and yes i will need to change the BCM and Key Head
The plan was to do the climate control mostly myself and get the auto elect to finish it off while also doing the level 3 cluster wiring.
Seems there is more to it as by the looks of it now i will have to change the Body Harness to a Calais or Statesman one. There are also sensors for the CC i will have to get as well.
I have the parts all lines up but starting to rethink the whole thing now unless i can find a complete statesman or calais being wrecked