Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con?

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
that switch isint on the vns from memory

How come ive bought one already?

My car was missing the low pressure switch, and just had a wire bridging the plug. I bought a new one and fitted it, but now my high pressure switch his buggered.

High pressure switch is located on the passenger side of the engine bay, attached to the collector cannister (that cylinder that's either silver or black). You should notice the switch as it has 2 wires running off it. It just unscrews without leaking gas out as its controlled with a tyre style valve.

The low pressure switch is located infront of the condensor (aka a/c radiator, look directly behind the grill). Its attached to a pipe and is the same style as the high pressure switch....

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
yeah sorry it is i did an ac regas on a vg ute today and i found it behind the bumper.
it has been so long since ive regased a vn-vp-vg

that cylinder is called the reciver dryer

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
ok, i checked the 2 plugs you's were talking about, wobbled them around a lil and continued 2 do the same thing, so only thing left is regas yeah? or compressor is screwed..... and ive got a spare compressor so thats good =] so ill get it regased and if it doesnt work swap over the compressor..... is that all people can recomend? thanks alot people:) appreciate it

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I dont think it's the compressor. Its not making any noise, and it should be ok....

If you do regas, and it doesnt work, and you change the compressor, you will have to degas it and change compressor then regas again.

Also, it doesn't have to be the same as my situation. My connector on my high pressure switch is buggered, hence why if you wobble it it wont work. Yours could just be buggered and not reading properly. Best way to test, is unplug the pressure switch, bridge the terminals on the cable a bit of electrical wire and run the a/c and see if it works. If it doesnt, connect it back up, and try the other pressure switch and do the same thing. If it works with the bridge, then you need to replace that pressure switch. If it doesn't still work then its probably just low on gas.

Also, one last thing to check is to make sure the compressor trigger wire is connected properly and got no breaks in the wire...

Good luck :)