Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

calais_SC6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS Calais
l am going back to the mechanic in the morning, but he said he will already charge for putting gas in, and the problem is still there?

96 Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey all,
The airconditioning on my 96 Calais is playing up, I've been through some of the above posts and found others with the same issue but I didnt see any fixes.

When I turn on the aircon it seems to have plenty of pressure behind it and seems to be plenty cold, however I cant seem to get the 'head' vents working, it will only blow out the feet or demist, I've fiddled with the climate control.. When I set it to head only I can hear it blowing but it doesnt come out of the vents.. that said I've had it blow out the head vents once, Im not sure what made it work but as soon as I changed the setting to feet/head it stopping blowing out from the head vent again.. no matter which setting combination I use it still wont vent from head :(

If anyone could post a fix and/or cost I would very much appreciate it

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Hey all,
The airconditioning on my 96 Calais is playing up, I've been through some of the above posts and found others with the same issue but I didnt see any fixes.

When I turn on the aircon it seems to have plenty of pressure behind it and seems to be plenty cold, however I cant seem to get the 'head' vents working, it will only blow out the feet or demist, I've fiddled with the climate control.. When I set it to head only I can hear it blowing but it doesnt come out of the vents.. that said I've had it blow out the head vents once, Im not sure what made it work but as soon as I changed the setting to feet/head it stopping blowing out from the head vent again.. no matter which setting combination I use it still wont vent from head :(

If anyone could post a fix and/or cost I would very much appreciate it

You need to proof read a little harder, I covered this over a few posts from #206 and also check out the following.

It's most likely the vacuum solenoid as described above already been discussed a few times on here if you search through the AC and VR-VS Holden Commodore threads.
Check out following thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...-question.html
Holden part#92140248 solenoid vacuum cost about $130
There is a pic of it's location in post 10 of the following thread.
VS Climate Control Diagonostic

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon

LoveB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS s1
heyas, read on the thread that VS ac's dont need to be regassed? Tried turning the fan on on the one i just got and its only blowing air. no cold air. Is there anything I should check? I'm pretty sure its got A/c though.

stukor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6 auto Executive sedan
when i have the either the heater or aircon on when i accelerate medium to fast the air that blowes into your face or whatever other setting you had it on changes to blowing on you foot.The controls arnt moving it just changes direction automatically. Then to get it back to the original setting you have to back the car right off. Also it changes when you just have the ignition starts of on the setting that you want the changes to blowing on your feet. I hope that makes sense. Any ideas of what could be. Thanks

Vacuum switch valve on rh lower near heater leaking internally. Regards from stukor.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
heyas, read on the thread that VS ac's dont need to be regassed? Tried turning the fan on on the one i just got and its only blowing air. no cold air. Is there anything I should check? I'm pretty sure its got A/c though.

I don't know who told you that but i has my VS for 12 years and had it regassed and overhauled twice, made a big difference each time.

Hulinea

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
when i have the either the heater or aircon on when i accelerate medium to fast the air that blowes into your face or whatever other setting you had it on changes to blowing on you foot.The controls arnt moving it just changes direction automatically. Then to get it back to the original setting you have to back the car right off. Also it changes when you just have the ignition starts of on the setting that you want the changes to blowing on your feet. I hope that makes sense. Any ideas of what could be. Thanks
Hi - just noticed an old post of yours re aircon probs - I have a similar thing happening - do you remember what you did to fix it - vacuum lines??? or was it something else??
Thanks
Hulinea

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
My air con just seems to be blowing hot air all the time. It doesnt go cold... I know I need to change the relay or whatever under the bonnet. Cause it doesnt have 1 and 2.

I'll have to get it re gassed and checked for leaks yea?