Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
My air con just seems to be blowing hot air all the time. It doesnt go cold... I know I need to change the relay or whatever under the bonnet. Cause it doesnt have 1 and 2.

I'll have to get it re gassed and checked for leaks yea?

Yeah pretty much, it will need regassing, but you need to find out where the gas leaked out from in the first place, otherwise you will just be wasting your time. As for the fan, if you have climate control you need to replace the fan amplifier, if you don't have climate control then you need to change the fan resistor, both are located in the same position, under the plastic where the wipers sit.

matt033

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
air con problem

This has been posted before but nobody answered i have a vs ute and the air con works fine its very cold but only comes out the foot vents any help please

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
This has been posted before but nobody answered i have a vs ute and the air con works fine its very cold but only comes out the foot vents any help please

It will be a vacuum leak in the system. Most likely under the dash somewhere, probably behind the selector switch, the vacuum pipe has either come off, or has perished due to old age.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Yeah pretty much, it will need regassing, but you need to find out where the gas leaked out from in the first place, otherwise you will just be wasting your time. As for the fan, if you have climate control you need to replace the fan amplifier, if you don't have climate control then you need to change the fan resistor, both are located in the same position, under the plastic where the wipers sit.

Yea, I was plaining on getting it checked for leaks...

I dont have climate control and I found out about the fan resistor after I made that post.

lovely09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
When your car air conditioning is blowing hot air this means that refrigerant cannot absorb the heat coming from your car passenger compartment.This kind of problem often cause by a refrigerant leak or a clogged condenser.If you have a steady reduction of cold air from your car air conditioning system, the possibility is that the refrigerant is slowly leaking out of the hose or seal.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Will a car cool down faster if you just run the fan on low speed rather than flat out?
Someone told me yesterday that a Tech. said when you have the air going flat out it doesn`t have time to cool the air properly seems to make sense to me and I`d have to try it.
Any ideas ????

PS. my aircon just serviced.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
hey someone told me that when a car is reprayed paint, they empty the gas out of the air con for some reason. is this true?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
hey someone told me that when a car is reprayed paint, they empty the gas out of the air con for some reason. is this true?

if they have to take everything out of the engine bay, then they'll dismantle the air con system.

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
the little green light on my ac button wont stay on, is there somethng wrong with my ac? once the car is strarted and the ac button is pressed the light stays on for a few seconds and then flickers out and wont come back on!

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
i got my air con re gassed about a year ago,it lasted only 3 days. And its really annoying not having it working in this heat so i want to get it fixed asap. Ive heard a lot about compressors stuffing up,so i checked mine and the pully doesn't spin at all. Does that mean its time for a new compressor? Also are they hard to put in yourself?

Please help!!