Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Compressor

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
My 2002 VX II Equipe has had a noisy A/C Compressor unit for the past few years.
It maybe the clutch or the actual compressor that id making the banging clanging sound.
If it seizes, it will probably snap the drive belt one day.

A brand new one from Holden costs a quarter of the value of the car.

A $50 to $100 second hand one from Ebay is probably a risk, but maybe I can be lucky.

There are cheaper ( but new ) Chinese made ones fro sale on Ebay ranging from $139 to $200 for what looks like the same unit.

Are these a risk /

Has any member been down this path with these cheaper Chinese manufactured units ?

Love to hear any informed comment !

eetmesoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN...AND A VE TOO!
I picked 1 up from my local wrecker [facebook buy/swap/sell groups even better...guys wrecking individual cars rather than a multiple business outlet]I paid $50 for mine, he took it off and covered the pipes as I was there [had advantage of knowing it held gas; cause he didn't care about the ozone layer and just undid all the pipes....HISS...] cost me about $125 for my local Auto Electrician to change them over and do a regas...works great!

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
Thank you for your reply. I will try this path and see what I come up with for an older used unit. If this does not work out , I will try one for the Chinese made ones.