Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air conditioning problem - short blasts

Gibbo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi everyone

I have a VS and it has a weird air conditioning problem. When I turn the fan on by itself it takes a few seconds to register and then comes on fine. When I press the AC button the fan turns off and comes on every 3 seconds in short 1 second blasts. Just wondering if anyone's heard of this problem before? Could it be a stuffed relay? It doesn't matter what speed I'm going, what RPM, etc.

Cheers!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
sounds like low gas in the AC.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd reckon on it being the resistor block that controls the fan speed - if the resistive wire is broken, it can make intermittent contact - you can check if this is the fault by turning the fan to HI and if it comes on straight away it will NOT be the resistor block. The fact that it takes a few seconds to turn on without the A/C rules out low gas IMO. Could also be a bad fuse or relay.
Welcome to the forum too.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
When I turn the fan on by itself it takes a few seconds to register and then comes on fine.

Im only guessing, but I think it may be 2 seperate issues. Regarding the delay, as above, this could be caused by a slow vacuum leak, hence the non-instant response?
With the AC on, doing its short 1 second burst thing, does it do this the same on all speeds?