Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
Hi,

Thanks to all in advance.

My AC is not working, feels like it just a fan, i have located the relay under the bonnet for AC and that seems to be working fine, I am curious to know whether or not the AC has a fuse aswell and if so where do i find it, i have looked under the bonnet and under dash and cannot find anything.

Also i always thought that when the AC is on the thermo fans run constant, this is not happening yet they come on when car reaches certain temp to cool motor down.

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
BTW i have also taken to workshop to see if it needs gassing and it come back plenty of gas in there

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
I just got off the phone to Holden and they tell me that even though there gas in the line, there may not be enough which stops the compressor from turning on and causing damage. Car is going to Holden to have this checked out and regassed tomorrow,

Fingers crossed this is all that is wrong and the compressor is not damaged

A air conditioning place in Brisbane told me that if i need to replace the compressor then i looking at somewhere between 700-800 to supply fit and regas.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
M

mwb235

I just got off the phone to Holden and they tell me that even though there gas in the line, there may not be enough which stops the compressor from turning on and causing damage. Car is going to Holden to have this checked out and regassed tomorrow,

Fingers crossed this is all that is wrong and the compressor is not damaged

A air conditioning place in Brisbane told me that if i need to replace the compressor then i looking at somewhere between 700-800 to supply fit and regas.

Beno1982, if you're unlucky enough to need a new compressor, take a look at these two old threads from last summer, some of the info might help:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/121772-c-had.html#post1391729

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2002/124663-air-con-hissing.html#post1422091

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
if you are unlucky enough to need a new compressor do not take it to a holden stealership !

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
After diagnosis using guages on the air con system, holden found air con pressure switch (high) was not plugged in. Plugged in the switch found low side guage reading high - 40Kpa and high side guage reading low pressures. they have told me to replace the compressor, receiver dryer, and the high side valve is also leaking and need replacing.

they qouted me just over $1100 to supply and fit all parts the compressor is just shy of $750. I rang the company whom my warranty is through and they are sending me a brand new after market compressor from one of there suppliers and he tells me he picked it up for $180 with two year warranty.

vbtruk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Vy SS Air Con

Hi Guys i have had heaps of trouble with my air con and just need to know some things about the system, i have had it re-gassed twice and the air con bloke has no idea? It holds pressure and works fine although sometimes it freezes the lines and other times it does net get cold at all so i wanted to check the low pressure switch but i can not find it, does anyone know where it is? i have replaced the condenser and dryer as well.
Compressor runs and fans run so i know its pumping but i think the faulty switch is cutting it out.