Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning

Need4speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX
Hi,
There is a sticker in the engine bay,which says AC must only be done by a qualified technician.My car is a Holden Commodore VX 2000.
Can I do my own air conditioning regas,even though there is a sticker that is 20 years old now?

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
If you have all the correct equipment to degas and recover the old refrigerant and pull a vacuum on the system and a supply of suitable refrigerant, lubricant and dryer, then you could do your own but as to the legality of doing that in Victoria, hmmm, someone will probably snitch on you and the storm troopers will descend en masse and cart you away.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what gas is in there now
what do you plan on using

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I see the shops have taken advantage of the price gouging craze & increased their regas prices. Was quoted $150 just for labour. Seriously? Charging a whole hour of book time for something that doesn't take an hour is ridiculous in my opinion. I blame these stupid youtube channels.
What happened to the days when you could go to the auto parts stor or Kmart & pick up a can of R-134? If it leaked out, you knew there was a problem. At least you didn't have to pay someone $150-$200 to tell you something anyone can diagnose

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I see the shops have taken advantage of the price gouging craze & increased their regas prices. Was quoted $150 just for labour. Seriously? Charging a whole hour of book time for something that doesn't take an hour is ridiculous in my opinion. I blame these stupid youtube channels.
What happened to the days when you could go to the auto parts stor or Kmart & pick up a can of R-134? If it leaked out, you knew there was a problem. At least you didn't have to pay someone $150-$200 to tell you something anyone can diagnose

Alot of places specify a minimum hours labour for work performed......