Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning

Kloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VS Executive 97'
Hello All,

I got my 97 Vs Commodore and the air conditioning just blows air with the temp depending on the engine. Any ideas why it isn't cool, or why its just blowing hot air from the bonnet

Ill be going to an air-con repair soon, but i wanted to see if you guys had any idea

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
None or very little gas. The pipe fittings to the condensor corrode and the gas leaks out. It's a very common problem.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Mine drops idle speed when I turn on the AC. I'll clean out the throttle body, but doubt it'll make much of a difference.
Wondering if the idiots at autobarn overfilled it or whether the problem is with my cheap ass alternator

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Also the heater valve in engine bay might not close properly, so you get the heater core limiting how cold your air can get. Loss of gas is most likely as others said. And check if condensor is clogged with dead insects and dirt.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Mine drops idle speed when I turn on the AC.
This is normal initially but the idle speed should return back to normal within a few seconds by adjusting the IAC. If the car works as normal otherwise it's probably not the IAC. Whatever path that tells the ECU that the air conditioner has been turned on so it can adjust the idle may have been interrupted somewhere - a short in a loom that goes to the air conditioning or the air con controller or something.