Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Filter

B

BITE ME!

Hey all,

I have taken out my old air filter and put a pod filter on, i got told by another mate that instead of using the plastic piping to use stainless steel piping and it will make a bigger difference.
This true?

Also i have a Vr Berlina and just wondering what CHEAP mods i can do to engine and looks.

Thanks

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
If it's free, then use it. If not, then don't bother. There will be no difference except that stainless looks cooler in your bay hehe.

If there were some miniscule difference caused by turbulence, etc, then it would in no way be noticable or measurable.

I have the same low-budget desire to mess with my VS. Getting a K&N panel next week (I believe in enclosing the air filter) planning on 2.5" cat back
(can't afford extractors as yet!) and DBA slotted front rotors. Might chuck a Holden SC6 CAI on there too for good measure.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
stainless should make a very small difference because it takes longer to heat up but why waist money on somthing that aint going to improve performance noticibly
and is you pod setup sucking in hot air or cold air cause it could decrese your power insted of improving it

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Only do it if you want some BLING BLING in the engine bay.

Try putting some piping from your bumper to the pod filter for fresh cold air while driving called a CAI mod.