Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air filters for Harley

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
If anyone rides one (or knows about them) on here maybe you could help me. I've got a new power Master chip on it's way and i was hoping to get a better air filter to suit. I haven't been able to get a straight answer, "Whats better a Hypercharger or a pod filter". I seem to get different answers, i want FACTS some help would be appeciated.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
On a commodore forum? ......... Err OK

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hi Quick,

Do you want to go aftermarket or Genuine?

The genuine cone type ones work really well on the harleys, up with the vance & Vines pipes + the race tuner.

I'm not too sure what tuner you're using, but the genuine race tuner is definitely the way to go (Part number 32109-08B off the to of my head)

Is yours a softail/Dyna etc?

I know the chrome heavy breather cone kit is a 29299-08 in chrome for 08 up softails, and 29080-08 for dyna, but obviously would need to clarify it.

You can go the Pro-V hypercharger which is a little better than the standard one, but in the end there's nothing really better.

You can get the Cosiar-V aswell, which Kuryakyn also make. There's alot to choose from.

We have a new set of air filters with different chrome designs which are pretty good from Roland sands, but it's all what you're looking for.

If you call my work (03) 97917722 and talk to our chrome consultant get some answers. I work at Peter Stevens Harley Heaven in vic, deal with them all day every day haha.

If you don't ring, let me know what year bike and what model exactly (flhtcu, fxdl,fxsts, etc etc etc) and I'll have a look. But the genuine one has proven best.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
On a commodore forum? ......... Err OK

You do realize you're in the pub section right? "Talk about anything not relating to cars or Commodores in general" That means i can talk about anything i want :)

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Quick,

Do you want to go aftermarket or Genuine?

The genuine cone type ones work really well on the harleys, up with the vance & Vines pipes + the race tuner.

I'm not too sure what tuner you're using, but the genuine race tuner is definitely the way to go (Part number 32109-08B off the to of my head)

Is yours a softail/Dyna etc?

I know the chrome heavy breather cone kit is a 29299-08 in chrome for 08 up softails, and 29080-08 for dyna, but obviously would need to clarify it.

You can go the Pro-V hypercharger which is a little better than the standard one, but in the end there's nothing really better.

You can get the Cosiar-V aswell, which Kuryakyn also make. There's alot to choose from.

We have a new set of air filters with different chrome designs which are pretty good from Roland sands, but it's all what you're looking for.

If you call my work (03) 97917722 and talk to our chrome consultant get some answers. I work at Peter Stevens Harley Heaven in vic, deal with them all day every day haha.

If you don't ring, let me know what year bike and what model exactly (flhtcu, fxdl,fxsts, etc etc etc) and I'll have a look. But the genuine one has proven best.

I've got a 2006 Dyna Street Bob 1450cc. I've got screaming eagle slip ons already fitted, and have a power master chip on order. I don't mind if it's after market or Genuine as long as i'm getting the maximum amount of air. Thanks for your reply

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well for your dyna, not sure if there's the cone sort of one for it, so the hypercharger will probably be the best bet for it.

Slip ons are really letting you down in power though, a full vance and hines system will see alot more. Only problem is that it's loud as ####, not that it's a bad thing but cops dicking alot of the guys on harleys haha.