Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air intake manifold

willyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais v6
hey guy i was wondering would a vx v6 air intake manifold fit on my vs v6?, and if so would the computer need reprograming? or anything need to be changed?

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Is there something damaged on your vs manifold or are you looking at doing this as an upgrade? If the latter, there is no benefit in fitting the later model inlet manifold as they are the exact same item. There is only one minor difference between the two and that is the vs manifold has one extra threaded hole under the thermostat housing for the coolant temperature sender to screw into. This thread does not exist on the vx manifold and would therefore need to be added if you were to use it. The thread is 1/8 NPT from memory and it is a tapered thread. No ecu reprogramming is required.
There is also minor differences with the plenum chamber that I can elaborate on if required.

MACE

Reaction score
It's only worth changing if your planning on running heaps of boost, as the latter model plenums (VX-onwards) are slightly different in a sense that they distribute the air better between cylinders. In saying this though the plenum spacers do a better job of this ;)

willyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais v6
ok thanks guys, i think i will with the plenum spacer