Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AIR INTAKE MOD COMPLETE - Better than 2-hole mod?

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
ladz i have been playing around with my intake today and this is what ive come up with.

an aluminium pipe leading from my air box to the ground in order to take in as much cold air as possible

I, like a lot of other people dont believe in the 2 hole mod for various reasons.

As for results, i believe there is an improvement but since i dont have a dyno to prove anything ill let you guys willing to attempt this simple mod see for yourselves.

The white glue is pva to help the waterproof heavy duty tape, which was still fresh when i took the photo but it will dry clear.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EDIT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
NEW IMPROVED SYSTEM

I have surrounded the aluminium piping with heat shield (used to wrap turbos and extractors to resist heat) in order to keep the air inside the pipe as cool as possible. I picked it up from an auto store for 50 bucks. I have also type of funnel to the pipe in order to flare the end of the pipe hence increasing the surface area of opening. Also added is a triple layer of mesh.

Attachments

• DSC01764.jpg
    DSC01764.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 3,163
  • DSC01765.jpg
    DSC01765.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,574
  • DSC01766.jpg
    DSC01766.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,556
  • DSC01779.jpg
    DSC01779.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,454
  • DSC01781.jpg
    DSC01781.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,174
  • DSC01783.jpg
    DSC01783.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,292
  • DSC01786.jpg
    DSC01786.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,522
Last edited:

alokin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
nice, mod. i'm thinking of doing the same.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
noticed any difference yet? and just be careful about dirt and stuff

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
noticed any difference yet? and just be careful about dirt and stuff

yeah me and my mate went for a little "drive" :p he drives a vx and we're always "side by side" but this time i was about a car lenght ahead

im not too worried about dirt ive got the mesh plus the trusty k&n filter hehe then thers also the maf so i donno how dirt is meant to get in there

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
yeah me and my mate went for a little "drive" :p he drives a vx and we're always "side by side" but this time i was about a car lenght ahead

im not too worried about dirt ive got the mesh plus the trusty k&n filter hehe then thers also the maf so i donno how dirt is meant to get in there

ok, wasn't sure what else you had hooked to that pipe...I plan on sending my air intake to where the fan is...that way it's pure cold air :D

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
ok, wasn't sure what else you had hooked to that pipe...I plan on sending my air intake to where the fan is...that way it's pure cold air :D

are you talking about the radiator fan? doesnt that blow back hot air?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

If you mean the radiator fan, thats hot air as its just drawn all the air through the hot radiator

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
If you mean the radiator fan, thats hot air as its just drawn all the air through the hot radiator

?? My radiator fan gives off cold air (unless that's only at idle...)

And I thought the radiator was their to cool down the engine? hence why it should be cool??