Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air to Air intercooler plate question

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hey guys.

Just installed the Mace A2A intercooler kit with the Plate onto a VT commodore 98' Spac

i need to know if theres anyway i can stop the pulley from touch the top of my bonnet without hacking away the support.

and im trying to get some information regarding the belt size to fit a 19 psi (2.55Inch) with the plate.

Thanks for the help.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Hey guys.

Just installed the Mace A2A intercooler kit with the Plate onto a VT commodore 98' Spac

i need to know if theres anyway i can stop the pulley from touch the top of my bonnet without hacking away the support.

and im trying to get some information regarding the belt size to fit a 19 psi (2.55Inch) with the plate.

Thanks for the help.

You should be running a 2.55" pulley and 6pk1740 belt (or 8pk if you have the 8 rib convo). I've never had any A2A hit the bonnet on a VT-VY. You may have a dud trans mount which will tilt the snout up towards the bonnet so that should be checked first

Next step is some unbreakable engine mounts which lower the whole engine 5mm and stays there.

Temp fix would be to trim the bonnet insulator to clear the pulley and tap the bonnet ribbing a touch with a rubber mallet or hammer and block of wood. This is not the ideal scenario however!

MACE

Reaction score
The only other points that I can mention beyond the great points that chargedvx6 has already mentioned, is that it would be possible to put a larger chamfer on the front pulley for greater clearance while you could also run K-frame spacers as well. We can help with these items including the mounts if that would help.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
took the latter option.
cut some of the support bracket from the bonnet and trimmed the insulator a bit.
found a nice place to get the pulley and tune done so hopefully everything goes well.

ill have to look into the engine mount

MACE

Reaction score
took the latter option.
cut some of the support bracket from the bonnet and trimmed the insulator a bit.
found a nice place to get the pulley and tune done so hopefully everything goes well.

ill have to look into the engine mount
Cool. Keep us posted with how you go.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve