Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air under the pedal of my VS Series II 3.8L Please help

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi Fellas howz it goin...?

Got this problem with my VS (Series II 3.8L Auto)...Jump on the freeway and once I hit between 95-100km it instantly feels like there is air under the pedal. The note of the engine changes and it kinda makes it hard to sit on 100 if you know what I mean. It sounds empty and it just goes quite. I have a redback 2.5 sports exhaust fitted so its very noticable. While at that speed, I boot it and the pedal is all air and it will take around 8-9 seconds before I get a response from it. around the street its fine. If ive already booted it from low speed building up speed to 100 it wont do it...it just rockets past 100 its only when I go onto the freeway and edge onto 100 to sit there. It's quite annoying. I've recently done a service on it. Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Top Gun Leads, Plugs, K & N Filter, New Power steering pump & CAI. Cleaned out the throttle body and IAC. any help on this would be much appreaciated...you guys have always managed to figure out what it is so I doubt you will have any trouble with this one.

Cheers, Joe:thumbsup:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Fuel pressure regulator?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
hako said:
Fuel pressure regulator?

??? Will need to fill me in a bit there mate...where is that...how hard to change...cost etc...?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
any possibility that you might have done something to cause the TB to stick maybe? Just an idea, not really based on much

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
can you describe air? as in you you give it a little and nothing happens?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patrio7 said:
can you describe air? as in you you give it a little and nothing happens?

no the throtle body and IAC were fine it happened a bit after that

air as in...it feels like there is nothing under the pedal at all...its hard to explain but its very obvious when it happens...u can feel the difference under the foot and yeah when i give it nothing happens for like 6-7 seconds where as before it instantly used to react

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
re-tension throttle cable?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patrio7 said:
re-tension throttle cable?

I dont think that would be it because its only when i reach a certain speed...that being 95-100km. i could have the throttle in any position but if its sittin at that speed it will do it.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yeah i figured... not sure. maybe your transmission doesnt want to kick down? i know mins is very unwilling to get into 4th at 80 and when it does it groans when i give a little to bring it up to 90-100

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patrio7 said:
yeah i figured... not sure. maybe your transmission doesnt want to kick down? i know mins is very unwilling to get into 4th at 80 and when it does it groans when i give a little to bring it up to 90-100

hey yeah I think it could be something to do with that...because ive noticed when I go through the gears manually its very hesitant or takes a while to kick in to 3rd and 4th. How could this problem be fixed...?