Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air vent control.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I took mine out tonight and tested it by pushing the rod in then placing fingers over the 2 lines, released middle one (orange) goes halfway and holds till I take my finger off the back one (pink) and extends fully out.
Then tried just the side one covered after pressing it in, that does not hold at all, extends fully out. Then I tried the back one only covered with finger after pushing it in and that stops halfway.
Does that mean it's working correctly?
Do I now remove the center one and test that one, seems to be the hard one to remove?
I read that the control bank under the glovebox can fail as it's a solenoid that controls the vacuum flow to each actuator.
What a pain to figure out. Smoke machine be good right now to send down the line.
just test how galahs showed
if you have climate control, there is actually a third actuator as well
smoke machine would be too cumbersome as you would need to remove all hoses and smoke one at a time,

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
just test how galahs showed
if you have climate control, there is actually a third actuator as well
smoke machine would be too cumbersome as you would need to remove all hoses and smoke one at a time,
Yip the 3rd actuator is above the vacuum tank to the left which controls the recycle air, it was that line that was leaking at the solenoid. It's not leaking as I blow now, so until I go out on the road I won't know if it was the problem. All the actuators move as they should, yet to screw them in place, been busy.