Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air vent vacuum issue

ozzykev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hi all,

I have a VT Calais which had the issue where my air vents wouldn't work correctly under acceleration and found I had a faulty vacuum actuator. I took the actuator off, drove to repco for some parts, put the new actuator on and... now my air vents are stuck on the demister completely!

I'm thinking maybe I stuffed something by driving it with the actuator off, my question is does anyone have a clue where the fault may be?

The hot / cold control still works! Does this mean I do have a vacuum? Could it be the vacuum solenoid? Just hoping someone may have an idea as I'm not sure how to diagnose this one, looks like I might have to go over everything.

I found the following diagram:

9uAD2rg.jpg

Thanks!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Do you mean accumlator?

ozzykev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Do you mean accumlator?

Im pretty sure theyre called actuators, if thats what youre talking about

To me, that is not the Calais, climate control setup. That is the base model setup.

I think you may be right, might have to check my workshop manual tomorrow. Just not sure where to start

ozzykev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Found it! I went over everything and found a little hose in-between two of the vacuum actuators which was supposed to be connected to the 'vacuum valve'. I must've dislodged it when I put the new actuator in.. put it back on and now she's running sweet.

I found a diagram for the vacuum hose system with climate control for a Calais, attached just in case anyone else needs it.

Thanks for your time :D

vacuum.png

Attachments

• vacuum.png
    vacuum.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
better update your ride mate ;)