Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

airbag cover unroadworthy?

Tyson_walker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
hey guys, i just bought a vs calais and the passenger airbag cover has been warped by the sun and the side closest to the windscreen is sticking out, i have viewed posts on how to fix it and such but was wondering if it would pass a roadworthy as it is or if it would needed to be fixed?
thanks guys
tyson

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Shouldn't. My car passed rego and all sides of mine have lifted so that you can get your fingers under it. It's only a piece of trim, and shouldn't impede the airbag.

This is a very common problem with these airbag covers.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
i just bought a vs calais myself with the same problem, can someone post the link on how to repair or where would i find the post?

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
you wont fail roadworthy coz of this

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
as mentioned, roadworthy shouldn't be impacted because of this. it's simply a cover that attached to the airbag door, and lifts in event of an accident for the bag to deploy.

i just bought a vs calais myself with the same problem, can someone post the link on how to repair or where would i find the post?

try a search on teh forums bud, but there isn't much that can be done short of buying a new one. even they're rare as hen's teeth and not something the faint hearted sould tackle ;)

CC

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I had a bit of a laugh when I saw your post as it is typical of the cars to have his problem. I removed mine (Ripped it off) and went to Holden to get another one.......They don't stock them anymore. I did the usual and went to 'Pick and payless' and found four still intact on the dash of the cars. Funnything was they were all warpped hahahahaaha.

So I go a brain storm......I purcahsed these chrome looking floor mats that look like the mess metal type. I cut them out and glued them to the dash. It will not intefer with the deployment of the bags because it is the cover only. It looks like shiny metal but is soft and I think looks really unusual. Just an idea if you have run out of otpions like I did.

Reyon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Mine was the same, i just glued the cover down and bought a dash mat, sweet as

Gattman

Gattman
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
side airbag cover

hey guys i have a 96 vs commodore side airbag cover was warped so i ripped it off and it is actually torn so i cant glue it back on it will look terrible. does anyone know where to find airbag covers this topic has been annoying me for a while the whole car is complete but it has no aibag cover and looks silly if anyone has a link or suggestion would appreciate it thanks.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
hey guys i have a 96 vs commodore side airbag cover was warped so i ripped it off and it is actually torn so i cant glue it back on it will look terrible. does anyone know where to find airbag covers this topic has been annoying me for a while the whole car is complete but it has no aibag cover and looks silly if anyone has a link or suggestion would appreciate it thanks.

wreckers ??? !

Question answered. Covers are now obsolete from holden and can only be found at wreckers. Good luck trying to find one not warped bud