Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag light is on, help?

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Th got a new cluster from a monaro and yesterday I put it in to see what the extra windows do and yer cool that looks better then I put the other one back in and how the airbag light comes up and it didn't do that before I put the monaro cluster in so what went wrong?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You should have disconnected the battery when changing the cluster, you will need to get the airbag light reset.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Then maybe the Monaro cluster set it off because of different amount of airbags.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Disconnecting the battery wouldn't have made a difference.
You need someone with a tech2 or a holden dealer to reprogram the dash to suit the srs system in your car, in car 2 minute job.

Hint:
If your car only has the steering wheel air bag and 2 seat belt tensioners (3 srs system) then you can't simply put a clusters into the car that had in addition a passenger side air bag (4 srs system) or if it came from a car with a different number of air bags etc etc.

to lazy to power up the tech 2 and look at the options...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Disconnecting the battery wouldn't have made a difference.
You need someone with a tech2 or a holden dealer to reprogram the dash to suit the srs system in your car, in car 2 minute job.

Hint:
If your car only has the steering wheel air bag and 2 seat belt tensioners (3 srs system) then you can't simply put a clusters into the car that had in addition a passenger side air bag (4 srs system) or if it came from a car with a different number of air bags etc etc.

to lazy to power up the tech 2 and look at the options...

Correcto mondo

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk II.IV.X

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
He only put the Monaro cluster in briefly and then he put the original cluster back in and then the airbag light came on. The original cluster is already programmed to suit his car.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
He only put the Monaro cluster in briefly and then he put the original cluster back in and then the airbag light came on. The original cluster is already programmed to suit his car.

Doesnt matter if its brief.
The monaro cluster would be looking for more airbags on the car, if it doesnt find it, it throws a airbag light SRS error code to the BCM
If he places the original cluster back in, the airbag light will now show on any cluster as the code is now stored in the BCM .

New cluster has to be configured to the car to stop it happening again and airbag code cleared off the BCM

Happened to me.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesnt matter if its brief.
The monaro cluster would be looking for more airbags on the car, if it doesnt find it, it throws a airbag light SRS error code to the BCM
If he places the original cluster back in, the airbag light will now show on any cluster as the code is now stored in the BCM .

New cluster has to be configured to the car to stop it happening again and airbag code cleared off the BCM

Happened to me.
That's what I thought and suggested in post #4.
So if he is keeping his original cluster in the car he only needs to have the airbag light reset, not the cluster re-programmed.
If he plans on using the Monaro cluster he will need that re-progammed.