Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AirBag light on

Drekko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S series
Hi guys
VX Commodore 2002 series 2 ( s pack) Airbag light popped on while I was driving this morning

Changed the fuse, and checked and reconnected plugs under neath driver and passenger seats ( yellow plugs)
Are they the right plugs for airbag?

Is there anything I should check before I call my auto elec?

Drekko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S series
I know I did search, they all say if connector's are connected then you have to get it scanned which I dont have the tools for. My auto elec would have to do that. But my question was really if there was anything else I can check. And if the yellow plugs under the seat are the correct ones to check

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It could be a few things. That is why you scan. The scanner will usually give an indication of what it is, so you know which path to take?
Since you were driving when light came on it maybe the clock spring?

Could be anything, best get it scanned first.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
After hitting a Roo we had the same issue and the fix for us was to replace the Clockspring that's located in the steering wheel.

Last edited:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
No not much considering the job it does and with the light on it won't pass a road worthy certificate.
Around the $200 mark from Repco using my RACQ membership and easy enough to install with the help of Just Commodores and YouTube.
Make sure you get the correct one to suit your radio control that is the wiring connection.

Dazza VU ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU series 2 ute
I had the same issue in my VU ute. I went for the most used part first which was the seat belt pre-tensioner. As it turned out i was correct. The wire had been worn through from the seat runner when adjusting the seat back & forward. I did not have to replace the tensioner as i just had the wire repaired then had the fault code removed & now all fixed, no more airbag warning light staying on. I also know someone else who had the same problem. It seems to be a common issue with the VX, VU, VT models.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
never replaced a belt pretensioner yet
but done heaps of clocksprings
the actual fault code will tell you which component is faulty

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should never remove air bag wires without battery disconnected first, I put my money on clock spring if the both seat wires are good, very rare the sensors to fail. Light wont go out now till you remove it with a scan tool.