Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag Light VX SS

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Got a airbag light showing up. Turn ignition on and turns off after a few secs then comes on again and stays on.

Rundown how and if this can cause it.

Finally recieved my dash cluster 3 window one and looks like Level 3 (in which surprisingly shows all gears selector lights which also works)
Anyhoos, no airbag warnings before, installed the new cluster to test only and straight away got the airbag warning light.

After checking with my other clusters, removing bcm fuse for 10secs etc and also airbag fuse, the airbag light is still present

1. Could it have been tripped by the level 3 cluster? EG maybe this cluster had been configured for a Calais in which had more airbags then my SS and hence tripped up the BCM?

2. If so wouldnt the removal of the BCM fuse reset that?

3. Where to go from here?

Hope anyone can help.
Jase

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Pretty sure you will need a scantool, like a tech2 to remove any logged SRS airbag codes and to reset the SRS light.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Pretty sure you will need a scantool, like a tech2 to remove any logged SRS airbag codes and to reset the SRS light.

Yeh i know. Damn

Would the level 3 cluster though programmed for a Calais trip out the airbag light on the BCM though you reckon on a car with a Level 1 cluster?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If you have a level 3 with gear lights I think you might find that's for a Clubsport not a Calais.

Does your overspeed warning have 1 or 4 settings?

Also is it a 220 or 250?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Can i 50/50 or phone a friend there Eddie?

The Level3 cluster of whatever it is has been packed away but easily accessible
Has PRND321 lighting up and changes when changing gears, under instrument diagnostic also has a LPG light.

I didnt get far into it as only was checking it out. Dunno even where to look for the 1-4 overspeed warning.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
overspeed is in the first window to the left you will know if 4 levels as you get a small number as well as the speed.

not all 3 window clusters are the same, take my 2 cars, both cars are same year.

Clubsport is a 250, has 1 overspeed settings and has gear lights.

Monaro is a 220, has 4 overspeed settings and no gear lights.

Yours might be from a Calais but being that you have a warning persisting it's definitely not talking to something.

Is this what yours looks like??

42376d1195015043-wanting-buy-vt-vx-wh-woodgrain-coin-doors-dash-rear-console-000_0317.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok here it is.

Was off ebay, seller didnt tell me a couple lights not working, scratched and missing locator tab on the bottom. Took 2 weeks for arrival as well. Literally spent only 5 mins with it this morning as have to get ready for work in a hour

The dash face is a crappy aftermarket, does have the orginal dark face, but will check it out on the way to work as its in the garage and be able to tell if its a 250km or 220km dash face.

In the dark piccy, you can see the gear selector light up in gear 3 underneath the dash face.

But even after all this, using my original cluster, airbag SRS light now shows. :(

DSCF0420_zps60b90ec2.jpg

DSCF0421_zps468b54b0.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
that little X under the 0.0km/h is also an issue - when my ABS module failed that X came up.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Abs definitely working as original cluster shows no errors

Here's finer cluster details of this new cluster

Apparently a Berlina? Don't these have side seat airbags? Hence my SS doesn't have one. So when installed the Berlina dash cluster it through up error code as couldn't see the side airbags hence logged in bcm now and need tech2

Or simply have a fault somewhere?

Anyone know anyone whom has one that doesn't overcharge in Sydney?

IMAG0551_zpsf387880b.jpg

IMAG0553_zps6fea86c9.jpg

IMAG0554_zps5df642cb.jpg

IMAG0552_zpsc25bb38c.jpg

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV.X

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought it might be a Berlina cluster, that's the same as my Clubsport (except the Clubsport has the 250 not 220).

Sorry I can't help anymore than that - never had to change a cluster myself. Thinking BCM????