Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag Light VX SS

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeh i edited post above

Thinking Berlina cluster freaked out due to no side seat airbags and sent code to bcm so now logged and won't go away

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV.X

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
you'll find that correct

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you'll find that correct

I thought so, cos its looking for side air bags which arent installed, so chucked up a error and hence have to clear it.

Oh hum.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Sorry I wasn't clear - the little X is a problem, in my car when the ABS went I had a veritable Christmas Tree of lights and that X was there as well. I wasn't actually saying it's the ABS. So you have that error in addition to the airbag one.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sorry I wasn't clear - the little X is a problem, in my car when the ABS went I had a veritable Christmas Tree of lights and that X was there as well. I wasn't actually saying it's the ABS. So you have that error in addition to the airbag one.

Could be also cos the cluster isnt calibrated to the car causing that 'X'
Did you find out what it meant?

Once is calibrated and checked, if the 'X' is present then surely will look into it. But at this stage, will keep a close eye on it and resorted to using my original cluster until thigns can be cleared etc.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
when the module was replaced the X went away, sorry!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I dont like that option Eddie.

Can i phone a friend?

Well basically comes down to just getting it calibrated and cleared of codes and seeing if it chucks it up again, if it does, then investigation time is needed. Codes should state what it is unless its the clock spring.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I don't think the new cluster itself is causing your airbag light to stay on. Holden guidelines for removing the instrument cluster are to first disable the SRS (airbag) by disconnecting the battery earth and power leads and waiting for at least 10 seconds. If you didn't do this, then chances are you have done something while you removed/replaced the cluster that has upset the airbag module and set a DTC (diagnostic trouble code).

You can't identify the DTC causing the problem or reset it without using a Tech2 or equivalent scan tool. If you haven't caused any actual damage to airbag components (such as the clock coil spring or its wiring on the steering wheel) then a simple reset of the airbag DTCs could solve your problem with the airbag. Failing that you will at least find out the component that's causing the airbag sensor to set a DTC so that you can get it repaired/replaced.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok its sorted.

Greg from ASR Audio and i made contact and sorted out my issues. 3 clusters calibrated to the car.

Airbag DTC is as I expected. Dash cluster does store some info in it. Calibration issue was that it was looking for 6 airbags where car only had 4, hence threw up a DTC code as was a mismatch.

As for the 'X' under Average Km/h, that is apparently caused by a mismatch between the electronic climate control and the fact i didnt have it.
So thats all sorted as well.

And finally after sorting out the needles, its done.

cluster1.jpg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
overspeed is in the first window to the left you will know if 4 levels as you get a small number as well as the speed.

not all 3 window clusters are the same, take my 2 cars, both cars are same year.

Clubsport is a 250, has 1 overspeed settings and has gear lights.

Monaro is a 220, has 4 overspeed settings and no gear lights.

Yours might be from a Calais but being that you have a warning persisting it's definitely not talking to something.

Is this what yours looks like??

42376d1195015043-wanting-buy-vt-vx-wh-woodgrain-coin-doors-dash-rear-console-000_0317.jpg

I've seen this car before, only now it's got an extra 180,000 kms on it and that Nokia is long gone.